ULX

Author Topic: Ulx admin groups  (Read 18012 times)

Offline NW l Phil

Ulx admin groups
« on: May 20, 2012, 01:56:58 PM »
Hi there new to this sort of thing. bought a server tonight. Downloaded ULX and Ulib and they are installed right and in right folders. but when i goto add myself to super admin i get this message :

] rcon ulx adduser "NW | Phil" superadmin 0
[addons\ulx\lua\ulx\modules\sh\user.lua:57] attempt to index local 'userInfo' (a nil value)

Please help.
~Phil

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Ulx admin groups
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 05:01:32 PM »
0 isn't used anymore. If you're reading a ULX readme.txt file that says to add 0 for invulnerability, you have an Olllldddd version.
And, the | in your nickname "might" be causing issues (especially with older versions)

Try manually adding yourself to the default Gmod /cfg/users.txt .. ULX and most other mods should see you as superadmin.
http://maurits.tv/data/garrysmod/wiki/wiki.garrysmod.com/index0c18.html?title=Player_Groups

Where did you get your ULX (and ULib)
What version is stated at server startup?
Make sure you get latest versions from our SVN or www.ulyssesmod.net download page.
I've not seen another site I would trust in a long time.

If/After you stop getting Lua errors and start getting any "sorry, you don't have access" type errors, see also
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,383.msg (or any of our other FAQs that might help)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:05:58 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline NW l Phil

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 12:57:04 AM »
Ok that worked then I ran into a new problem.
I made a new group called owner.
Gave it inherit from operator.
Then I had no commands as superadmin.
Dunno what I have done wrong.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 04:11:47 AM »
Operator has very little access. It's kind of a 'demonstration' group created by ULX.
Owner group, if you want high access commands, should inherit superadmin.
Gmod only knows, by default "out of the box" standards, three groups. Superadmin, Admin, and 'default', aka ULX 'user'.

I'll never understand why some other gamemodes and mods made a 'owner' group.
Superadmin is the access Gmod expects for a server 'owner' to have.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline NW l Phil

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 04:29:32 AM »
Now I have no access at all though. It says that I am a super admin when I joined the server but when I go into !xgui and it is blank..

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 10:50:24 AM »
Gmod only knows, by default "out of the box" standards, three groups. Superadmin, Admin, and 'default', aka ULX 'user'.

If I recall correctly, the 'user' group is also the gmod default for "does not belong in any other group".

Phil, if you were editing files by hand you may have mucked something up. I'd recommend you delete the access files from data/ULib and add yourself again.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline NW l Phil

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 04:46:28 AM »
Its ok I got one of my friends who knows what they r doing to fix it. Thanks very much.