ULX

Author Topic: Voteban Question  (Read 7663 times)

Offline NaRyan

Voteban Question
« on: November 17, 2012, 07:07:36 AM »
I was thinking of enabling the !voteban command on my TTT server for donators to use.
Donators have the rank of Admin on the server, they do not have any Admin powers in ULX as I disabled all the Admin related options.
They only have the rank of Admin so that they can get unlimited microphone battery in TTT.

The thing is if I do enable !voteban I wish for it to be limited to a maximum ban time of 2 hours.
I have tried changing the voteban time in xgui, however due to that stupid slider thing Garry added to GMOD I am unable to since it just breaks mouse usage in gmod and you have to rejoin the server to fix it (bug is already reported on the git hub bug tracker).

I have also just tried hitting apply to set the minimum and maximum time it shows (0 & 100), however when I do that it just produces a Lua error.

So I was wondering can you manually edit a file to specify the maximum voteban time a user can specify?
And if so what file and what do you need to enter into it?

Thanks.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Voteban Question
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 09:13:13 AM »
Well, you can edit a file, or grant using console command.

Searching our forum for 'ban time' and 'time limit', I found the following info;
We saw some trouble entering time for bans before GM13 came out though (but not timebans?)
I don't remember if we got it working for folks.

Also, see this, shows the console command and what would be entered into your groups.txt file (/data/ulib/groups.txt I think) under the admin group.
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,5536.msg25288.html#msg25288

Hopefully should be able to figure out both from those discussions.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

An Error Has Occurred!

array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given