Author Topic: DarkScape (The 'Community' Game mode) - Alpha Version (GitHub)  (Read 2757 times)

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
DarkScape (The 'Community' Game mode) - Alpha Version (GitHub)
« on: January 15, 2013, 11:24:03 PM »

SVN Link: https://github.com/KioFox/GLua-Projects.git/trunk/DarkScape
GitHub Link: https://github.com/KioFox/GLua-Projects/tree/master/DarkScape

This gamemode is a Team Death Match game mode...

How It Works!
Because this is a "community" game mode the "How It Works" points may change over time.
  • You join one of 5 major teams. ( Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, Magenta )
  • The Blue team is neutral to the Green team but hostile to the Red team, while the Green team is neutral to the Blue team and hostile to the Yellow team. (...and the other way around.)
  • Magenta is a generally neutral team, how ever it can turn hostile at any time.
  • Players in the Magenta spawn in safe zones and they do not spawn with weapons, instead they have to find or buy their weapons.
  • Players build bases and attack each other to gain points for their team. (Points = Money)

What needs to be done.
There is allot of work to be done but here are just some of the things that need to be created.
  • A prop protection/ restriction system needs to be added to this. (Currently I am using FPP which seems to be breaking.)
  • Custom weapons and entities. ( I do not wish to give any specifics here because I would like developers to use their imagination. )
  • The Game mode it self needs to be "created" right now I only have a very basic file for it.
  • Classes with unique weapons, think Team Fortress.
  • Class specific perks, and non-class specific perks.
  • A way to buy items, NPC shops are a good idea.
  • Menus for shops, team selection, class selection, and perk selection.
  • A working bank system for teams.
  • An inventory for both individual players and teams.

I will be steadily working on this game mode after my exams, however I will do most of the work over the summer break.
---

I would love people to help me out, and add some thing of their own to this. Every one who helps out will get their name (Real or Alias) added to a credits file, and obviously you can choose not to be added to the file if you don't want to be given credit for your work.

---
I may be dropping this, I had an idea to try and make a good HL2RP experience. I figured the reason why most people don't like it is because its too serious and you cant really do any thing... I want to modify it while bearing in mind that its still a video game and actually make it fun while still keeping the elements of HL2RP in there. The first step is to remove any forum applications for "race changes", and also make it just a bit easier to resist the combine forces.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:31:23 AM by HeLLFox_15 »
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline nathan736

Re: DarkScape (The 'Community' Game mode) - Alpha Version (GitHub)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 07:22:42 AM »
i like the idea and might take some time to look at what i can do with this :)
a person asked me how to code lua and i said this " its like building a rocket up side down then  realizing you did it all wrong."