ULX

Author Topic: Assign multiple groups to 1 client  (Read 1606 times)

Offline sabo

• Hello :)
    • The Elite Gaming
Assign multiple groups to 1 client
« on: June 26, 2013, 01:25:54 PM »
Hello.

I have a small problem.

I have a group called VIP and a group called Moderator.

VIP has access to a couple items in my Pointshop (which are VIP only...)

Moderator does not have access to these items but can administrate on the server.

Now. Some moderators want to have access to the items AND administrate the server.

Is it possible to give a client a primary group (moderator) and a additional group (VIP)

Kind of thinking of a Flagg system: uvm (user vip mod)

or something like that....

My other solution would be: Make a new group which inherits from Moderator and name it Moderatorvip. It has Moderator commands and I can give VIP access to the shop items.

I dont like this solution because it causes more groups and more inheritance which I dont want to have. I like a clean structure and not all messy so best would be just give the client flags v(VIP)m(mod)a(admin)s(superadmin)-> "vmas"

I kinda repeat myself so I apologize for that lol

Thanks for reading!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Assign multiple groups to 1 client
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 02:08:12 PM »
Sabo, we tried flags many years ago...though it worked for small setups...the complexity you're asking for would never work, and is why we allow customization of each group now.
If your moderator group inherits admin, and that is how they admin the server, then, as you don't want, your best bet is another group that has bits of both.
I've no idea how pointshop works, so there might be better way.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline sabo

• Hello :)
    • The Elite Gaming
Re: Assign multiple groups to 1 client
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 07:17:57 AM »
Okay thanks Jammie, I guess Ill just make a new rank which included VIP with staff ranks O.o