Author Topic: Ulx and Ulib | SVN  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Ulx and Ulib | SVN
« on: July 12, 2013, 11:16:22 PM »
So I have two questions here.
[1] So this is kinda a stupid question but, is there ANY difference between SVN ulx and normal download for ulx?
[2] Have you recently changed uteam or how ulx gets it's teams at all?
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Ulx and Ulib | SVN
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 08:46:15 PM »
1) Yes. SVN is more up to date, weekly if not monthly. Release (download) contains no fixes for Garry's file I/O, and was last updated Jan 2013.
2) You can see commit logs for Ulib and commit logs for ULX to view changes that have been made.
(I didn't look deep, but to my knowledge, nothings changed for team since we brought it into ULX months(years?) ago.
It's not a separate part now, included in ULX.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 01:47:29 PM »
UTeam has been part of ULX for a very long time now and has had almost no changes since it was first introduced.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
1) Yes. SVN is more up to date, weekly if not monthly. Release (download) contains no fixes for Garry's file I/O, and was last updated Jan 2013.
2) You can see commit logs for Ulib and commit logs for ULX to view changes that have been made.
(I didn't look deep, but to my knowledge, nothings changed for team since we brought it into ULX months(years?) ago.
It's not a separate part now, included in ULX.

UTeam has been part of ULX for a very long time now and has had almost no changes since it was first introduced.

Thank both of you for your answers. I was only asking these questions due to recent people telling me two of my addons are not working properly, after they said they downloaded it instead of using SVN. So I wanted to make sure that you guys didn't update uteam recently.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.