Author Topic: The Rush Of Destruction.  (Read 1658 times)

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
The Rush Of Destruction.
« on: September 02, 2013, 02:06:12 PM »
Recently I was thinking why is it that when a person is given the opportunity to destroy some thing without putting allot of effort into it, they would have to argue if they should do it or not.

I am sure that numerous people have had a thought such as this one "It would be really cool if I could hack this" or some thing along those lines. But why do we even think such thoughts? Why is it that being able to cause destruction, and drama with only a few simple actions so exciting?

This is a very hard topic for me to explain, but I am sure you see it happening around you. The people who go around prop killing on Garrysmod servers, or the people who hack peoples servers just so that they can ruin some ones game.

Your thinking that most of those people are just taking out anger that is being bottled up inside them.

How ever lets say you are given the opportunity to hack into your schools system and change your grades. Your friends keep pressuring you to do it even though every one knows that it is wrong, and you finally break and decide to do it. While in the system changing your grades, you are no longer thinking about the consequences or what will happen later its like your trapped in the moment. It is a strange feeling but for some reason you like it.

I have had a similar experience and for some reason that rush felt amazing, its some thing I still can't explain to this day.

I hope that some one here can shed some light on this peculiar mystery.

I made this post on a strange impulse after reading this thread http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,6540.0.html
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:11:15 PM by HeLLFox_15 »
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: The Rush Of Destruction.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 05:39:38 PM »
Animal nature.
Empowerment of individuals - the adrenaline, thinking you can get away with something (behind the pc screen, in the dark, whereever)
Roar of the masses - roman coliseums (roar of the crowds of bloodsport), fights at school (FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT) as the crowd forms a circle.
Hero vs Villain.
Winner vs Loser.
Impulse control. Human or animal.
Its a question over the millennium.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 06:01:51 PM »
And, let's not forget anonymity. People do things online that they would never ever do in the real world.

I think a lot of it has to do with power struggle, like JamminR suggested. People who don't have any power in the real world thrive on exercising it in whatever fashion they can.

-The power to bring down your server.
-The power to make you feel like crap by trolling you.
-The power to make you angry and knowing there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Offline krooks

• I don't like video games.
    • Diamond Krooks
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »
I've owned a fairly popular server for quite a while now, and I've seen it all. Everything from fan websites, youtube channels, twitters, and even facebooks; to groups forming and trying to take over the server from the inside (trusted admins/mods), and even people trying/ successfully hacking into the server to gain rank or some other motive.

I've found its like anything,
There are those who have a conscious, or want to do good for the world (or the server in this example).
There are those who when given the chance, or presented with good enough odds, will do bad for their own (or collective) benefit.
And then there are those who will just do bad regardless
My TTT server. Join the fun!