ULX

Author Topic: MOTD url to open steam browser  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Shalmendo

MOTD url to open steam browser
« on: November 24, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »
Hey folks,

So, I've been trying to do some research but I'm kind of mystified here. Since our server uses a somewhat extensive collection, we have put into our MOTD a link to the collection so people can very easily find it and add it to their games. However, it uses the motd window to navigate to it, bypassing their currently logged in steam status, making them log in again and causing problems.

My question is this: Is it possible to write a url (or other command) That when clicked in the MOTD will automatically pop open the steam in-game browser to the collection as if they had opened the workshop on their own? I'd very much like people to be able to just click the 'subscribe to all' button to get it all. What would need to be there?

So far it's been a bit of a hassle to get people to find the proper workshop page on their own, I'd like to make it much simpler for them!

Thanks very much in advance for your replies!

Offline Bytewave

• Respected Community Member
  • :)
    • My Homepage
Re: MOTD url to open steam browser
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 02:31:16 PM »
I believe there's the Steam browser protocol, but I'm not familiar if that works in Awesomium.
Try something like this:
steam://url/<link to collection>
bw81@ulysses-forums ~ % whoami
Homepage

Offline Shalmendo

Re: MOTD url to open steam browser
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 03:17:42 PM »
I strangely DID try that but it didn't seem to work! Do you have any alternative ideas?