Author Topic: Permapropped entities can be moved by admins, and moderators and trials  (Read 5293 times)

Offline [NG:A] The Skrub King

Basically a few entities like the braxnet ATM's, and advanced mining systems, and the bank, they can all be removed using the remover tool by these ULX groups: admin, admin-trial, moderator, moderator trial, they are permapropped to the map using the permaprop addon you can get on the steam workshop, but I am wondering is it something to do with the ULX groups? I want it so only the superadmins and above ranks can move it.

Thanks for any help.

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
Re: Permapropped entities can be moved by admins, and moderators and trials
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 08:41:05 PM »
Disable FAdmin.

Read the FAQ on how to do it.
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 08:01:29 AM »
I had FADMIN already disabled, and it still allows those groups to move the props!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 02:41:27 PM »
It sounds like you've set up groups in ULX to be seen as whatever groups have access to move permapropped, if any.
If you temporarily remove ULX and ULib from the equation, can those items still be moved?
If the props can still be moved after taking ULib/ULX out of the picture, you're asking in the wrong forum area, not a ULX issue.
If not, you need to figure out what groups, according to your perma addon, are allowed to move stuff.
You then need to adjust your ULX groups inheritance so those players in those groups aren't seen as admin or whatever group perma is set to allow movement on.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 11:49:19 AM »
Ok, well I would rather not remove ULX as I have everything set up, which has taken me a long time to configure it all, as I originally didnt know how to use it, however my Inheritance is set-up like so:
Owner inherit from co-owner, co-owner inherit from superadmin, superadmin inherit from admin, admin inherit from admin-trial, admin-trial inherit from moderator, and moderator inherit from moderator trial, and then moderator trial inherit from legion, I do have other ULX groups which I havent bothered inheriting from as they are only donation groups and they dont really do much, like moving other peoples props. However those donation groups which I havent bothered inheriting with actually cant move those props. I also need it so that admins cant pick up superadmins, and moderators cant pick up admins, but admins can pick up moderators, that sort of thing, however I have it set-up right for admins not being able to pick up superadmins, and superadmins are able to pick up admins, this is set-up right, but they can still move the permaprops, I have check the permaprops addon, and it is all set to superadmin, which is confusing cus i guess it is the inheritance that is wrong maybe, although picking up certain groups works like it should??

I also have the being able to target, set up correctly as well, I have moderator-trial targeting !%moderator, moderator targeting !%admin trial, admin trial being able to target !%admin, and so on....

I'm not sure how to fix this? I have FAdmin disabled, so I am 100% it is ULX, as everytihng on the permaprop addon is all sorted.

• Steam Page
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 09:59:47 PM »
Are you using spaces in the group names and targeting?

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 10:16:35 AM »
nope, sorry above I just realised I was meant to put the - in there.

• Steam Page
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 12:08:05 PM »
Can you post a screenshot of your groups tab, please?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 02:31:50 PM »
Better yet, from _server_ console (or rcon or ulx rcon as superadmin) run "ulx debuginfo"
In the server console, you'll see where it created a TXT file.
Attach that file to your next post.
It will show much more in line of users, groups, addons and connected players.

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 07:45:50 AM »
Here you go :)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 08:21:49 PM »
In reviewing the output, I really see no reason ULX can be causing this directly unless permaprop uses odd group checks.
So, is ULX groups causing this? No. Are the way you configured groups doing this? Possibly.

Moving this to Off-Topic.
I'd recommend asking the developer of permaprops for more idea of why your group chain could do this.