ULX

Author Topic: [Help] DarkRP server problem.. It's really strange and annoying...  (Read 2181 times)

Offline dabigboss

I know that i'm not suppost to post for help on this forum since it's only for the ULX addon but i'm really desperated for help.. I'm not getting any responses on the official Facepunch forums and i decided to c/p my thread from there here aswell...

I'm really sorry if it's not allowed and please remove/delete this thread if i violate any rule.

Hello everyone :)

So, some months ago i wanted to start my own DarkRP server. I started by downloading the server files and everything on my PC and build it whenever i had some free time. The server was working fine, no problems or anything, i even had some players on it.

3-4 Days ago, i bought a VPS so i can host my server 24/7 and then, all my problems started. I fixed most of them (i think, maybe more will pop-up after fixing this one?) and i managed to start it. I managed to see my server online but the VAC Protection shield icon isn't there. I also see
Code: [Select]
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Could not establish connection to Steam servers.  (Result = 18)
Could not establish connection to Steam servers.  (Result = 18)
at the bottom after everything loaded.

I am able to connect on the server but if someone else tries, he's getting "Authenticating with Steam" instead of "Retrieving server info" at the loading screen.
If i quit, he will be able to join without problems but then i'm the one getting this error.

I googled it, i've been looking everywhere, nothing seems to help me.

I'm not familiar with Linux neither i know how to code, i know the basics only.

I tried to use -secure start-up parameter but still not able to see the VAC shield icon next to my server.

I'm running Ubuntu-14.04-x86_64

To create the server on the VPS, i followed the wiki

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
Re: [Help] DarkRP server problem.. It's really strange and annoying...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 07:18:56 PM »
Please add me on Steam and I'll help you out.
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline dabigboss

Re: [Help] DarkRP server problem.. It's really strange and annoying...
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 07:08:08 AM »
Problem fixed

Solution: cfg files were not configurated correctly

Thanks for the reply ^^