Author Topic: ulx menu  (Read 4692 times)

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
ulx menu
« on: January 22, 2016, 01:10:01 AM »
Was on a server today, and for years now since xgui became apart of ulx's life, I had bind f8 "ulx menu" for years now. I haven't played garry's mod in about a year now, and went on some random sandbox server, and noticed they were using one of my plugins (how surprising), so I pressed "f8" and it didn't work. So then I thought to myself, maybe it's not a ulx based server (impossible am i right?), so then I just was like ok w/e. Wasted some more time and then some guy typed !god, and it said the cute little ulx message, and then I was like "OMG", and tried !menu to find out that it was actually a ulx server. So then I pressed "f8" when console open, and it told me "ulx menu" is not a command, why would you guys remove it, and replace it with "xgui". Why not just keep both of the commands???

- - -

TL:DR
ulx menu does work anymore in console, and was replaced with xgui, why though?
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
Re: ulx menu
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 08:28:20 AM »
Wasn't us- AFAIK "ulx menu" should be valid in the console, that hasn't changed since XGUI was integrated with ULX waay back when. Perhaps the server disabled it for some reason?
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline monkeymacman

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 03:30:40 PM »
When I host a server on my gmod for testing, not srcds (is the term listen?) and ulx menu doesn't work and ulx fban, ulx xban, etc. Don't work, I have to use xgui and xgui fban, xgui xban, etc. Not sure if it's a problem with listen servers or if it's just weird with the installation. When I host a server with srcds ulx menu works and that folder for ulx is literally just copied over from my listen server instead of reinstalling so that is my best guess, that may have to be looked into, also if the server apple was on was listen or what.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 04:11:24 PM »
When I host a server on my gmod for testing, not srcds (is the term listen?) and ulx menu doesn't work and ulx fban, ulx xban, etc. Don't work, I have to use xgui and xgui fban, xgui xban, etc. Not sure if it's a problem with listen servers or if it's just weird with the installation. When I host a server with srcds ulx menu works and that folder for ulx is literally just copied over from my listen server instead of reinstalling so that is my best guess, that may have to be looked into, also if the server apple was on was listen or what.

That makes sense now that I think of it. I am on a listen server, and I believe that because in technical terms, your console is the server console as well. So because ulx menu can't open on server, it will not work on my listen server.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 04:18:48 PM »
Yup, this does appear to be a listen server / single player issue. Nice find! We'll have to look into it further.

That's a good assumption Bite That Apple, but the odd thing is that the XGUI commands are created in the exact same way that I create the "ulx menu" command. Why the xgui commands work while "ulx menu" doesn't is beyond me at the moment.

https://github.com/TeamUlysses/ulx/issues/18
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:20:58 PM by Stickly Man! »
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6