Author Topic: Can't remove CS:S maps on votemap?  (Read 7850 times)

Offline gallie

Can't remove CS:S maps on votemap?
« on: October 12, 2012, 02:55:56 PM »
I've looked around the ULX addon folder and the votemap.txt and nothing seems to work?

Whenever the votemap comes up it's a mixture of my maps and CS:S maps. How do I remove these?

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
Re: Can't remove CS:S maps on votemap?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 03:13:53 PM »
Make sure that you're editing the votemaps.txt in the data/ulx folder and not the addons/data/ulx folder. Alternately, you should be able to use XGUI (ulx menu) to edit the votemaps while in game. It should be located in Settings->Server->ULX Votemaps
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline gallie

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 03:25:29 PM »
Yes I have done that. Al though the last part about Server > Settings > ULX Votemaps.

I don't quite understand that one. But I have done the rest.

It still doesn't work, even though it clearly states that there are no more CS:S maps within the votemaps.txt

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:01:29 PM »
If you've not edited (using manual or XGUI) <your gmod server path>/data/ulx/config.txt/(ulx votemapMapmode) from mode 1, it's default, then ANY map IN <your gmod server path>/data/ulx/votemaps.txt will NOT be listed as a map to vote on.
That means, if you've REMOVED CS:S maps...they WILL SHOW.
From the sample config.txt file in the addons/ulx/data/ulx/ folder, which says to copy/edit in <your gmod server path>/data/ulx/
Code: [Select]
ulx votemapMapmode 1 = Use all maps but what's specified in votemaps.txt, 2 = Use only the maps specified in votemaps.txt.
If you've already edited votemaps.txt to only maps you want voted on, change that config.txt to 2.

(Also, Meg, Stick, I just noticed our votemaps.txt file still mentions the old server.cfg.. may want to update to mantion new config.txt, I would, but haven't installed SVN since last OS img)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming