Author Topic: Suggestion for site  (Read 307 times)

Offline iViscosity

• View Profile
    • iViscosity Gaming
Suggestion for site
« on: November 22, 2016, 07:12:18 AM »
I think it would be a cool idea to be able to @tag people so that they can get a notification if they need to view a certain post. For example, if I did @JamminR it would tag him and send a notification he was tagged and people could click on the name to get linked to his profile. I know this site runs off SMF so I'm not sure how much work that would take, nor even if it is possible, but I think it would be pretty cool.
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me a PM or Join my Discord!.
--==[ Links ]==--
Steam
YouTube
Steam Group (feel free to join!)
Forums
Public Discord
Teamspeak

Quote from: Steve Jobs
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • View Profile
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Suggestion for site
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 10:19:30 AM »
Neat idea, I wonder if there is already an SMF plugin for this.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • View Profile
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 10:20:45 AM »

Offline iViscosity

• View Profile
    • iViscosity Gaming
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 10:23:12 AM »
Yeah! Just like that. I think it would be nice.

Sent using Tapatalk. Owner of iViscosity Gaming.

I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me a PM or Join my Discord!.
--==[ Links ]==--
Steam
YouTube
Steam Group (feel free to join!)
Forums
Public Discord
Teamspeak

Quote from: Steve Jobs
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • View Profile
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 07:20:22 PM »
Egads, I've not looked, but, only if it's done right.
I frequent a Vanilla forum (which, I like many features of more than SMF, but, it's not free.)
It has name tagging. I had to turn notifications off.
However, it does place a 'flag' beside my profile name when someone's mentioned me/quoted me.
That's nice. I get a quick dropdown of who and in what discussions.
I just hate notifications in my inbox, especially if I'm in a conversation where I've been quoted a lot, which, for some reason, I seem to be on the 2-3 discussions I participate in at the other Vanilla forum.

EDIT - I've looked at the link.
shows up under Profile
I could live with that.
The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side. - James Baldwin