Author Topic: ULX Adduser Targeting Issue  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Toast Is Good

ULX Adduser Targeting Issue
« on: July 22, 2018, 11:50:45 AM »
So I am working on a group for admin that will change it's name in the tab menu to a normal player tag. Pretty much so they can disguise themselves. However, my issue isn't with the tab menu but with the adduser command itself. So I understand the group whitelist but I am having an issue with the "Restrict Command Arguments" part. I want admin to be able to change their own rank between admin and the disguised group. It's fine if they can change other admins between those two groups as well but I don't want them to be able to target lower ranked players or higher ranked players. But it seems I keep ending up with one of the two situations:
1. Admin can target all lower ranked players, themselves, and other admins but not higher ups. 2. Admins can't target lower ranked players but can target themselves, other admins, and superadmins. So I suppose I just want to make it where admin can only target themselves/admins and no other groups with this command. I'm stuck. Any ideas help.

My ULib/ULX versions (run "ulx version" in console):
ULib v2.60d (04/30/16)
ULX v3.70d (03/20/16)

Game mode(s) I am having this problem on: HarborRP

Lua errors shown in console, if any: None.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 12:04:39 PM by Toast Is Good »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: ULX Adduser Targeting Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 03:21:14 PM »
Going from memory and bits and pieces of this long discussion - https://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,4314.0.html

ulx groupallow admin "ulx adduser" "#admin,#<your_disguised_group_name>,^"

If memory serves me correct (team, help me out if I'm incorrect), that allows the "admin" group to perform "ulx adduser" on ONLY "admins" and "<your_disguised_group_name" and "^"(Themself)
# = specifically, no inheritance

You'll need to likely remove access for admins to adduserid - I don't think there are access tag checks for it.

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Toast Is Good

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 03:51:14 PM »
Awesome, you're the best man. Would of never of guessed.
Worked perfectly. I couldn't of asked for better support. Keep up the good work man. Appreciate it.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 03:55:54 PM »
Welcome. Again, make sure the admin group doesn't have adduserid
They could then add anyone they wanted to any group they wanted using steamID.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming