ULX

Author Topic: Uclip v1.20 -- A noclip alternative!  (Read 418010 times)

Offline cobrasvt1999

Re: Uclip v1.13 -- A noclip alternernative!
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2009, 12:21:51 PM »
is there any information on any potential fixes of this addon? maybe even a beta release. i love the addon but cant seem to get it to function like it used to, now the players just stick to the ground and can sometimes even go through the wall using noclip and sprint >:(. any info on this would be appreciated!

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2009, 07:40:31 PM »
It's going to take me time to reverse engineer the new movement system. I'm busy with work and other projects at the moment, and this is low on my priority list. I spent a couple hours on it, but it seems that garry really screwed over the entire movement system while in noclip so it's going to take even more time for me to think of ways around the garry blockage.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline cobrasvt1999

« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2009, 07:09:15 AM »
It's going to take me time to reverse engineer the new movement system. I'm busy with work and other projects at the moment, and this is low on my priority list. I spent a couple hours on it, but it seems that garry really screwed over the entire movement system while in noclip so it's going to take even more time for me to think of ways around the garry blockage.

>:( Darn! not what i wanted to hear, though i guess you have your reasons and have a life to, so i cant blame you. just know that some of us are dying to have the new version! (least i am)

Thanks again!

Offline darkslayer322

« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2009, 03:37:12 AM »

come on, i know your upto it ^_^
just put a little work into it whenever ur free  ;)

Offline Flinta

« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2009, 09:16:37 AM »
yes , its broke.  :-[  any other addon that serv similar to this one?

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2009, 10:15:18 AM »
No similar addons.

Offline falon

« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2009, 12:52:08 PM »
Hook 'UclipMove' Failed: ULib/shared/sh_ucl.lua:44: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

and im using UPS the newest version :/

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2009, 11:11:25 PM »
From here on out...anyone who asks to have it fixed within the next 2 months if Megiddo hasn't made a new release gets banned for a month.
We know it's broken.
Megiddo knows many want it fixed.

I just deleted several posts all asking the same thing.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 11:14:16 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2009, 06:12:15 PM »
UPDATE-
Megiddo has found a Gmod function or few used in UClip that no longer work properly since Garry's noclip update.
He's emailed Garry asking to correct the issues, or if there is known workarounds.
Now, that being said, don't get all excited... Garry is slow to respond, IF he does at all.

Continue refraining from asking 'when will this be fixed' to prevent you getting banned a month.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Mastermind1996

• Gamers4Life Forum! A forum for the ultimate gamers!
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2009, 07:31:38 AM »
I would Like to ask a qeustion....

When is it done?

When is it done?

When is it done?

When is it done?

When is it done?

When is it done?

When is it done?

When is it done?

When is it done?

When is it done?

When is it done?

When is it done?

When is it done?

(Note: I said when is it done, not when is it fixed.)

Offline bennie900

« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2009, 08:39:40 AM »
People get stupider and stupider. If there was a release date, any news, anything about it they would of posted right? "When is it done?" is the same as asking "When will it be released?" "When will it be fixed" "Can i have it now" etc... IT WILL BE DONE WHEN ITS DONE DEAL WITH IT! Don't see why people cant accept the fact is broken.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2009, 09:42:23 AM »
It is completely pointless to repeat your self in a post as if you were a child sitting in the back seat asking your parents are we there yet, when we all know that they usually tell you when you have arrived or the obvious stands out. The same can be said about a script being realsed, fixed, or upated. We will always post news about when we are working on something, updating or releasing a new script. Anothing point, a script is never "done" there is always improving that can be made.
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2009, 10:22:12 AM »
"Bant". We're serious people. The ball is in Garry's court, if you want action, go bug him.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2009, 01:06:28 PM »
* jay209015 forms a riot in the streets and screams, "On To Garry's House!"
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2009, 03:45:21 PM »
I'm tempted to ban mastermind, and anyone else that asks 'us' to fix Garry's mistake, and only expire/delete the ban once Garry has fixed it..making sure the ban reason is obvious when they try to visit the forum.

It would prevent the temporarily banned people from coming back and just doing it again, at least related to UClip.

Though, Garry seems to enjoy things like that, and would probably extend the fixing it, if he has any plans to at all.
"Garry, Team Ulysses forums banned me because I asked about UClip. They said you broke it...please fix it so I can be unbanned"
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 03:47:04 PM by JamminR »