Author Topic: Serious Issue, No Clue How To Fix  (Read 289 times)

Offline guushiyt

Serious Issue, No Clue How To Fix
« on: April 28, 2019, 05:32:33 AM »
ULX version: <SVN> revision 356  (I've tried the one straight from github as well)

Gamemode : TTT

Lua Errors
This one seems to happen first.
[ERROR] gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/cl_voice.lua:656: attempt to compare number with nil&nbsp;

1. Draw - gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/cl_voice.lua:656&nbsp;

2. unknown - gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/cl_hud.lua:350

And then this one is followed up afterwards upon connecting
[ERROR] Unauthed player&nbsp;

1. query - [C]:-1&nbsp;

2. sendDataTable - addons/ulx_master/lua/ulx/modules/xgui_server.lua:191&nbsp;

3. unknown - addons/ulx_master/lua/ulx/modules/xgui_server.lua:106&nbsp;

4. unknown - addons/ulx_master/lua/ulx/modules/xgui_server.lua:73&nbsp;

5. unknown - lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:54

Once this happens, nobody has ranks, the server gets laggy and there is no HUD available. It usually fixes if I force map or restart. It is extremely random. I've tried everything from having absolutely no add-ons besides ULX/ULIB to completely reinstalling the server, etc. The host is from zap-hosting, and the OS is Linux. Any help would be very much appreciated because I have no clue what's going on.Honestly the server is as barebone as it gets, Vanilla TTT, so. No gamemode files are modified, and I've tried completely removing all add-ons besides ULX/ULIB like I said above.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 05:36:48 AM by guushiyt »

Offline iViscosity

Re: Serious Issue, No Clue How To Fix
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 09:17:04 AM »
The original error stems from TTT itself, and appears to be thrown when a user is talking. Has the first error been thrown at all without ULX/ULib installed?

Any clue as to when this is thrown (what could be happening at the time) because "extremely random" isn't very helpful.

Also, do you have voice battery (voice drain) enabled in TTT?
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me a PM or Join my Discord!.
--==[ Links ]==--
Steam
YouTube
Steam Group (feel free to join!)
Discord

Quote from: Steve Jobs
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle.

Offline guushiyt

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 07:54:46 PM »
It's not happening when people are talking. I've tested it on and off for a month, it literally happens right when you connect to the game, without talking.

Offline guushiyt

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 04:46:00 PM »
Does nobody seriously know how to fix this :(

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 07:59:45 PM »
Has the first error been thrown at all without ULX/ULib installed?
<CLIP>
Also, do you have voice battery (voice drain) enabled in TTT?

Not really, no.
You barely answered any of the previous person's questions that was trying to help you previously.

First error is likely not a ULX error caused error. It's something to do with (apparently, a client-side) file that monitors for voice or chat or similar on TTT or a TTT plugin.
Just because it happens at startup and not when someone is talking doesn't mean you shouldn't provide more information to help us help you.

The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side. - James Baldwin

Offline guushiyt

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 07:44:51 AM »
Voice drain is not enabled. I don't know what more information to give lol. Those are the 2 errors that it's spitting out, and it literally only happens when you first connect to the server. Sometimes I have to do a full restart or force map via console to fix it. Sometimes as well when it happens, everyone freezes and can't move or anything. All the config is pure vanilla config, I've tested it with just ULX/ULIB and it still happened, so I have no idea.

Offline Timmy

• Respected Community Member
  • Code monkey
    • ULX Unofficial Documentation
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 04:18:36 AM »
ULX version: <SVN> revision 356  (I've tried the one straight from github as well)

That doesn't seem right.

ULX stopped displaying versions in that format since commit 28a28a2 (dated Nov 19, 2015)…

If you have the latest version of ULX and ULib, running "ulx version" in the console should give you ULib v2.63 and ULX v3.73.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 05:27:01 AM by Timmy »
“When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind.”  —Dr. Wayne Dyer