ULX

Author Topic: Dream Car  (Read 2538 times)

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
Dream Car
« on: August 20, 2007, 08:45:31 PM »
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Dream Car
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 09:23:45 PM »
I'm sorry. I'm probably just getting old.

When someone can market a car that pretty, and will drive 400 miles on 2-3 gallons of gas, without having to replace 50 batteries that cost $300+ each American every 3-5 years, then I might consider it a 'super car'.
Until then, its just another gas guzzler from the 70s.
Even if it does get 10mpg instead of the 3 that the muscle cars from the 70s did.

Don't give me the argument that "if you have that much money to buy that car you don't care about price of gas"

It's darn time that engineers start caring about gas economy instead of muscle economy.
Sure, there are electric motor cars out there that can beat some muscle cars off the starting line. Until the muscle car passes them at about 180 miles, or 3 years when the batteries need to be replaced.

No, I'm not a tree hugger. I'm just tired of 27mpg being considered 'decent', and my car is a 4cylinder that takes close to $40 to fill every tank full.

Sorry spbogie. It is a nice looking car. Don't get me wrong.
I'm just looking for my magic looney toons pill in water turns to gas.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 09:25:22 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 10:24:26 PM »
There's a reason it's a dream car. Something I'd love to drive just once (well, I'd love to drive it more than once, but you get the point).
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 03:46:37 AM »
Understood.
We have different dreams. :)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming