ULX

Author Topic: Mic Problems  (Read 2995 times)

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
Mic Problems
« on: August 21, 2007, 05:14:53 PM »
Ok I'm 100% possitive that this has someting to do with sui_scoreboard and/or uteam. Ok when I added Uteam and sui_scoreboard no-one in my server was allowed to use a mic. Wouldn't even display the icon above their head if they were trying to talk. I attempted using sv_voiceenable 0, and sv_voiceenable 0 but neither had an affect. I checked to see that my mic was plugged in, and also that it was functioning(wich it was). So out of desperation, I looked into my addons folder and deleted sui_scoreboard and then uteam from both the lua folder and data folder. After I did that, Our mics were functionable again. Can anyone help with this problem. BTW I'm using svn with ulx and ulib so it's a beta, but this happened before with the stable version too. ???
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline rockonkenshin

Re: Mic Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 06:44:30 PM »
Be sure you have both voice_enable 1 and sv_alltalk 1 in the server console.  ;D It's probably alltalk though. Alltalk 0 makes only team members able to hear each other, and since UTeam divides people into teams thats why deleting it made it work.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 11:01:02 PM »
Thanks for the response, I was not aware of the console command. I will test it right after this post.

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 03:14:42 PM »
You can add it to your gmod/cfg/server.cfg too, as you can most Source server console commands
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 03:36:28 PM »
Ok, that worked, and yeah adding it to the sv.cfg helped. BTW if anyone viewing this post wants to try my server starter/watcher, I attached it to this post. I had it on garrysmod.org but they removed it cause they thought it was dangerous. I'm emailing them after this post, but if you want to see it first it's here http://youtube.com/watch?v=4G2JueICCJQ sorry for youtubes quality.