Author Topic: Dedicated Server  (Read 3460 times)

Swamp Fox

Dedicated Server
« on: July 11, 2006, 10:59:27 AM »
Yeah, i dont know how to use this with dedicated server, it is probably some where on this site, but i failed to spot it, please help.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Dedicated Server
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 12:03:01 PM »
You follow the exact same instructions.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Swamp Fox

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 12:26:03 PM »
I did, but I cannot access admin stuff inside of my server. I still have ot go to the console to do everything.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 01:00:11 PM »
Swamp Fox,
  Does it work in Listen server mode? If so, do you also have the ulx folder in your your x:/program files/Steam/SteamApps/<your_username>/Source Dedicated Server/Gmod9/LUA folder?
If you _only_ installed it to your SteamApps/SourceMods/Gmod9/LUA folder, you don't have it installed in Dedicated server.
If you're running linux, just make sure ULX is installed into the LUA folder, and you're listed in the ulx/configs/users.ini correctly.

You also need to make sure ulx_init.lua is properly copied to your (blah/dedicated server/gmod9/lua/init) folder, otherwise it won't run.
If you copied your uLX folder from your game to ded server directory, this wouldn't have gotten copied.

What happens when you type ULX_WHO in your game(not server) console while connected to your server?

If you don't get a listing of at least you and your steamid, make sure you've followed all directions in this Sticky post by Megiddo .. http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,176.0.html

(Apologies to those of you are used to \ back slashes in folder formats x:\blah\. My work, and of course LUA scripting, uses / ~95% of the time)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Swamp Fox

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 01:16:52 PM »
Yes, I have it installed correctly, because when I join, it has the white text saying, "Welcome to Swamp Fox's Server, enjoy your stay." I just tried the users.ini, but should I delete all the text in there? then do the "STEAM_0:0:7382127 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuz" (without quotes) on the first line?

Swamp Fox-The Stupid One

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 01:20:37 PM »
Yep, I knew I did something stupid, I just forgot to put quotes around both the steam ID and the letters... Thank you guys. :D

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 01:44:20 PM »
Any ideas how we can stop this from happening again with other people? Did you read the readme? (If you did, what would make the relevant information more prominent? If you didn't, shame on you!)
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 03:50:15 PM »
The commented out STEAM_ID_LAN in users.ini should have been pretty obvious
*JamminR chuckles, smiling jokingly at Swamp Fox*  ::) ;D

Small syntax errors are the curse of us all when coding, or setting up data that requires conformance to code.

:P
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming