Author Topic: Stripping Weapons, Disabling Stools, and Props  (Read 7167 times)

Monkey Poop.

Stripping Weapons, Disabling Stools, and Props
« on: October 27, 2007, 11:23:44 PM »
Hey guys can you make a addon in releases or upgrade ulx to strip weapons, disable stools, and props?
Cause im making a maze and i dont want any minges shooting anything spamming tnt, or spamming props.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Stripping Weapons, Disabling Stools, and Props
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 11:38:56 PM »
Hey guys can you make a addon in releases or upgrade ulx to strip weapons, disable stools, and props?
Cause im making a maze and i dont want any minges shooting anything spamming tnt, or spamming props.

We've been repeatedly asked this before.
Short answer - no
Long answer - we already have many of those functions. Set prop limits to 0. Find out the server variables for Gmod that deny weapons, and use groupdeny for tools.
Better yet, quicker too, freeze or jail <all> then unjail yourself. If I had to wait on a server to do a maze and couldn't spawn things, I'd leave anyway.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Monkey Poop.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 11:45:21 PM »
Well i made it already but im saying if some minges came and for that specific person cant use stools props or weapons.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 01:45:29 AM »
Stripping Weapons - Small Modification.. EASY CHANGE.. here is the thread..
ulx tooldenyuser <name> <toolmode> (ex. ulx tooldenyuser monkey remover 'would deny you access to the remover tool')
and Like JamminR said.. just set prop limit to 0 to prevent people spawning props. I dont know a way to set a prop limit per user though.. good luck with that one.

Monkey Poop.

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 07:46:27 PM »
You can't make it for just one client?
Like if there were some client in the server is there a way i could no let him use hi tool gun or spawn props?
Oh and i installed the weapons strip but when the client kills himself the weapons spawn again.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 10:37:03 PM »
well.. you could Install UTeam and there is a hack out for that that lets you define what weapons a specific team spawns with. You could then.. move people into the team if you didn't want them to have any weapons.

ulx adduser "John Smith" noob

then in your UTeam file you would create the noob group and set it to only spawn with like.. gravity gun or whatever.. I dont think you can use this method to make them spawn WITHOUT any weapons at all.. but you could always just have them spawn with something that they cant use.. but also.. (and I made this mistake) don't have them spawn with just the camera.. because when you are in camera mode.. you can't see the chat box.

Not sure where I found the hack for UTeam.. it might be in the UTeam thread.. might not.. but it is on this forum somewhere.

Good Luck.

Offline blacksythe

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 09:53:03 AM »
Little bit off topic but how would I deny tools to an entire user group for example

Players, Regulars and respected i want  automatically be denied no collide world tool

Seniors, operators admins and superadmins I want to be able to use it.

Currently i deny command with wither not adding commands to there section etc.
Is this possible with stools

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 01:56:19 AM »
currently not possible. I think Megiddo said that this was something they may be adding in the future because they werent sure teh tool allow and deny would be as big a hit as they are so they didn't really work too much with them.

But I agree, I would love to have the ability to allow and deny tools by group. =)

Offline blacksythe

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 12:31:32 PM »
Guess a short line of cmd in autorun to deny the server will have to do for now.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 07:51:44 PM »
Latest SVN - * [ADD] ulx strip - strips player(s) weapons

*Removes Custom Module*

:D ;D ;D