ULX

Author Topic: Admin Help  (Read 4064 times)

Billy9205

Admin Help
« on: December 19, 2007, 12:37:10 PM »
How do i add an admin from the console on my server?

pissoffboi

Re: Admin Help
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 12:47:39 PM »
you type "rcon_password (password here)"

then you type rcon ulx adduser (your steam name here) superadmin

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 01:14:01 PM »
halfway right...
If you are already on your console.. you dont need to type rcon_password

and what he means by steamname is your player name.. and you have to be in game to do it that way.

Billy9205

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 01:57:03 PM »
well i own the server but when i type ulx usermanagementhelp it tells me that, that is an advansed help for admins. idk why

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 02:29:29 PM »
If it is a dedicated server, it has no admins by default.. it doesnt know who you are and that you own it when you join. You have to tell it who you are.. and to do that you need to join your server.. and from your dedicated server conosle you should type ulx adduser <name> superadmin then your server will store that data and it'll begin recognizing you as an admin.

Billy9205

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 04:22:08 PM »
OK now how do i edit my Motd with out putting a new file on the server or do i simply edit the file and add it idk

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 06:27:43 PM »
you can not edit your MOTD from in game if that is what you are asking.. you need to edit the motd.txt file and upload it to your garrysmod/ directory.. the root directory with all the other folders in it. ULX will read it from there, and it'll be safe from you overwriting it when updating.

Billy9205

admin broken
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 07:34:12 PM »
I went into the server and i acidentally deleted the group admin so all my admins were erased, then i tried to readd it and now when they type !menu all the get is the Motd thing. then i deleted Ulx and Ulib and reinstalled it on the server and restarted the server and its still doing it

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 08:00:02 PM »
Billy, please read, and follow every step, of our sticky 'having trouble with access'
If following it all the way through doesn't get you fixed, there are steps in it that will help us help you.

Also, please don't create duplicate threads.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Billy9205

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 08:20:24 PM »
Ok well i tried to Delete Ulx from the server useing and FTP client and it deletes except for one file that will not delete. its the lua module in ulib with the file extension dlll and i cannot overwire it or anything so icannot reinstall ULX can anyone help me?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 08:56:33 PM »
That file won't erase unless server is shut down. Its the file that allows cexec functions within ULib.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 11:22:13 PM »
make sure you are also deleting Data/ULib folders too if you are trying to fix a groups/access issue by reinstalling.

Offline billy9205

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 02:57:36 PM »
you can not edit your MOTD from in game if that is what you are asking.. you need to edit the motd.txt file and upload it to your garrysmod/ directory.. the root directory with all the other folders in it. ULX will read it from there, and it'll be safe from you overwriting it when updating.
ok so where do i find this file?

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 08:59:51 PM »
ULX includes it in Addons/ULX but you should edit it to your liking and then put it in Garrysmod/ root directory.. that way it isnt uverwritten when you update ULX