Author Topic: Utime -- Show how long your players have been connected this session and total  (Read 386246 times)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
    • View Profile
Utime simply keeps track of session and total time for players and puts an info box in the top right hand side of the screen. Clients can enable/disable the HUD element as well as set their own colors and positions.

Screenshot when not looking a player:

Screenshot when looking at another player (there's a nice sliding animation when it opens/closes too):

Download: http://ulyssesmod.net/archive/Utime/Utime-v1_44.zip
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:23:21 AM by Megiddo »
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Online MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • View Profile
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Looks nice.. now integrate it into your scoreboard too! =)

Good work.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • View Profile
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Nice Megiddo!

Re: Scoreboard integration
Well, we don't really have a scoreboard. Just a fixed-because-a-gmod-update-broke-it re-release of a scoreboard SuicideBananna released.
He was active here for a while and gave Megiddo permission to re-release the fixed board since it works well with UTeam.
:P
There are still items that I believe SuicideBananna had planned for the board that haven't been completed.
Perhaps one day he'll pick it back up.
The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side. - James Baldwin

Online MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • View Profile
    • |G4P| Gman4President
I know Jam.. I use sui_scoreboard too.. but as long as he doesn't release it, it would be okay to hack it for your server. I hacked my scoreboard to show the players time where it used to show their XFire account.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
    • View Profile
New version, no longer shows with the camera equipped.

Offline blacksythe

• View Profile
IM currentrly using big_timespent and i modified it to remove the points and display on the left hand side, you code your differently what co-ordinates (for lack of a better word) would i need to enter to make it appear on the left hand side.

My reasons being my admins use it as a guide to catch death matchers and it looks better left alligned.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
    • View Profile
Where it creates the panel in cl_utime.lua, simply specify the location you want.

Offline blacksythe

• View Profile
i plan to switch to uteam shortly however is there anyway i can transfer old times over, In other words where do you store your times?

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
    • View Profile
The process of moving times over would be too complex for anyone but developers or developers who can hand-hold you through the process. Best way would be just to let the time to start over.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
    • View Profile
New version!

v1.20 - *(01/03/08)*
   * [ADD] Client config to change colors and position of Utime HUD element, as well as the ability to disable it.

Online MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • View Profile
    • |G4P| Gman4President
New version!

v1.20 - *(01/03/08)*
   * [ADD] Client config to change colors and position of Utime HUD element, as well as the ability to disable it.

lol, you would =)
Oh... Megiddo...

Offline Lt.Smith

• View Profile
Very nice, I was looking for something like this and then this showed up :) Thanks Megiddo. I have a question though:

I was looking through the code, because what I want to do is have one database with times for all our servers. The idea is that we then add a little bit of script into our forums that retrieves a player's total time spent to sex it up a bit. In any case, I looked through the code and I'm confused.

Code: [Select]
sql.QueryRow( "SELECT totaltime, lastvisit FROM utime WHERE player = " .. uid .. ";" ) I understand that this fetches the total time spent for the player, but nowhere do I see a require( "mysql" ) statement. Nor do I see an sql setup anywhere. As such, I suppose I have 2 questions:

1) What is the function of the SQL queries?
2) How can I edit this to work off a central database? I imagine the queries can be used as-is, but I still haven't figured out what database they're transmitting to.

Thanks in advance,
Smith

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
    • View Profile
It's using litesql right now, so you just have to change the function calls and require mysql. :)

Offline Lt.Smith

• View Profile
I love you :) Thanks!

Offline TehBigA

• View Profile
Lol I love the way after I make the super customization that u make it too XD <3