ULX

Author Topic: TomatoSoups suggestion - logging mic (de)presses  (Read 2669 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
TomatoSoups suggestion - logging mic (de)presses
« on: December 24, 2007, 02:43:07 PM »
TomatoSoup went way off topic on Facepunch in the UTime function, so I'm bringing the discussion here.
http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/showpost.php?p=8379653&postcount=11

Megiddo, do you know if Garry ever fixed the 'bind' not actually containing all of a passed string of an alias passed to it that we had challenge with in our gag command?
The wiki has been updated regarding Gamemode.PlayerBindPress and seems to indicate, perhaps incorrectly as before, that aliased commands can be detected.

If he did, and an entire alias' string was actually passed in to the bind variable, logging when someone uses a microphone shouldn't be too difficult.
I might test this coming weekend (unless some new Christmas gift takes my time)

NOTE I do not intend to incorporate actual voice recording into ULX as Source already allows for this. JUST the use of players pressing the mic/record feature, if possible. I could see me adding a FAQ to go along with this if it became a feature "You log microphone/record usage ... is there a way to actually record the players?"

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: TomatoSoups suggestion - logging mic (de)presses
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 04:35:37 PM »
Don't think aliases are passed yet, no. Worth checking out though.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.