ULX

Author Topic: MOTD HELP  (Read 4185 times)

Offline louis

MOTD HELP
« on: December 29, 2007, 01:50:36 AM »
this is my MOTD at the mement

Code: [Select]
<html>
<body bgcolor=#dbdbdb>
<div style="text-align: center;">
<div style="width: 80%; margin: 0px auto; border: 10px solid #c9d6e4; background-color: #ededed; padding: 10px; font-size: 12px; font-family: Tahoma; margin-top: 30px; color: #818181; text-align: left;">
<div style="font-size: 30px; font-family: impact; width: 100%; margin-bottom: 5px;">Build Server Info</div>
<br>
This Server Has The Following Addons and there Links:<br>
<b>Phx</b><br>
http://garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=5584<br>
http://garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=5591<br>
<br>
<b>Wiremod</b><br>
http://www.wiremod.com/index.php?showtopic=4<br>
<br>
<b>StarGate</b><br>
http://garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=18311<br>
<br>
<h2>Rules</h2>
1. DON'T MESS WITH OTHER PLAYERS STUFF. If they want help, they'll ask!<br>
2. Don't spam.<br>
3. Don't Disrespect Admins<br>
4. Have fun.<br>
<div style="width: 100%; text-align: center; margin: 10px; font-weight: bold;">- Louis</div>
</div>
</div>

</body>
</html>

and how could i make the websites a hyperlink

also how do i make normal users able to acsess !MOTD

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: MOTD HELP
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 03:16:07 AM »
1. the HTML tag to make something into a hyperlink is

Code: [Select]
<a href="http://yourlinkaddresshere.com">THE TEXT YOU WANT THE LINK TO DISPLAY AS HERE</a>

2. In groups.txt in Data/ULib just add the access of "ulx motd" to the groups you want to access it.

Offline louis

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 04:07:35 AM »
Thanks, oh yeah zak this is off-topic but what map are you useing for your server?

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 04:47:48 AM »
gm_g4p_build4
it's a custom map I made for my server, but you can find it on FP forums.

Offline louis

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 05:00:56 AM »
add my steam it takes ages on foumrs

Steam User "Subiz"

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 05:42:56 AM »
I'm afraid I don't add random people to my steam friends. It can, and has gotten very VERY annoying adding every single person who wants to be friends on steam. No offense personally, I just limit that to friends.

If you need anything, I check these forum and my own forums about once every half an hour or so while I am on my computer.

Offline louis

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 08:44:11 AM »
1. ok what are those maps called with the teleporters to diffrent areas e.g flat hill water and other stuff (could you supply links to)

2. can i have the link for your map so i can add it to my server.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 08:48:31 AM »
Louis, please be watchful of where you ask questions.
Of your post, only about 1% is related to ULX, and you even admit going off-topic.

I'm moving this to Off-Topic.
(the motd can already be seen by the default 'user' group)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 06:29:15 PM »
1. ok what are those maps called with the teleporters to diffrent areas e.g flat hill water and other stuff (could you supply links to)

2. can i have the link for your map so i can add it to my server.

Try facepunchstudios.com.
I'm afraid that I'm going to stop answering your questions if you don't start putting in a little bit of personal effort. I really hate to be mean like this, but you REALLY expect to run a dedicated server of your own, and you can't even find a map.. or figure out how to work the MOTD. These are all VERY VERY VERY basic things. I can understand asking for help with custom scripts or things that are generally hard to understand in ULX, I was at that point once in my life too, but with a little personal research and motivation you can really learn to work these things out for yourself, and THAT is when you will be able to run a really great server that people will enjoy playing on.

If you have any more questions that you've at least given some thought to, PLEASE ask them, I'll be more than happy to help you out. But otherwise, don't waste your breath and our time.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 08:02:32 PM »
Try facepunchstudios.com.
I'm afraid that I'm going to stop answering your questions if you don't start putting in a little bit of personal effort. I really hate to be mean like this, but you REALLY expect to run a dedicated server of your own, and you can't even find a map.. or figure out how to work the MOTD. These are all VERY VERY VERY basic things. I can understand asking for help with custom scripts or things that are generally hard to understand in ULX, I was at that point once in my life too, but with a little personal research and motivation you can really learn to work these things out for yourself, and THAT is when you will be able to run a really great server that people will enjoy playing on.

If you have any more questions that you've at least given some thought to, PLEASE ask them, I'll be more than happy to help you out. But otherwise, don't waste your breath and our time.

I totally agree, I tend not to answer questions unless there's some effort put into them. :)
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 08:57:18 PM »
I totally agree, I tend not to answer questions unless there's some effort put into them. :)

Agreed, especially when answers with effort to help educate are given and ignored or blown off for 'simple' 'this is how you do it instead of you learning it yourself' answers.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming