ULX

Author Topic: Admin limits?  (Read 1980 times)

Offline dudleyjohn

Admin limits?
« on: January 15, 2008, 09:36:59 PM »
Yes, I've read the help files (at least, all of them I can find). I've read the FAQ, too. Maybe I've missed the answer to this question (which I'm sure has been asked at least 100 times - but I can't find a single instance of it). Is there a limit on the number of admins we can have in ulx? I've added both superadmins and admins, but now I can't add any. Neither can the other superadmins on our rented server. If there is no limit, what could be preventing us from adding another admin? I'm very new to ulx and I'm not a programmer. Can anyone offer some constructive (read "helpful") advice? If so, TIA. dj

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Admin limits?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 09:44:27 PM »
Though rented, can you see console output or logs from when you try to run your adduser commands from console?

Errors that are occurring would help us.

Also, Gmod just updated... is this a new Gmod 2008 server? Or a Gmod old one?
The current release of ULX doesn't work with the new servers.
We have a release coming very soon
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline dudleyjohn

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 03:28:36 AM »
There are no errors in rcon when we try to add an admin. Other rcon commands work fine, though. This happened before the update, so I don't think that was an issue. Thanks for your response. I gather there are no limits on the number of admins we can add in ulx. We'll have to look for another reason. dj

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 03:28:48 PM »
There isn't a set limit of allowed admins set by ULX per se;
However, we did come across a memory and file read buffer limit that wasn't set by ULX.
You might find the information and bug tracked here http://ulyssesmod.net/bugs/view.php?id=152 of some value in your research.

At this time though, we're working on compatibility of ULib and ULX with the new Gmod release.
That bug, though annoying, isn't a priority.
Thank you for understanding.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming