Author Topic: Install....  (Read 3558 times)

Offline antman

Install....
« on: January 22, 2008, 03:17:58 PM »
Ok ive done exactly what the readme says. I put the extracted folders called ULX and ULIB in the addons folder. I start up my server and its not working. This is a dedicated server. What did I miss?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Install....
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 03:43:26 PM »
For starters, What isn't working, Errors you're getting in console, SVN Version, important information like that.

If you answer that you aren't running SVN, I'm banning you for a week.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline antman

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 03:46:46 PM »
SVN = ?

Im so sorry. I run 2 Counter-Strike servers and making CS servers since I was 12 and that I can do pretty well. But as for GMOD im lost. Whats SVN?

I feel imbarassed because it seems like its going to be something uber obvious.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 03:50:15 PM by antman »

Offline Avien

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 04:35:38 PM »
Antman, I understand being a noob.
However, I've banned your account from being able to log in. You will be able to view as a guest.

Many people are coming here as new users.
I have no problem with that, and welcome that.
However, I'm tired of having to answer the same questions over and over.

Gmod recently updated. Posted all over these forums, and at GMod's Facepunch forums, is the fact that our current release doesn't work with new Gmod release.
SVN, which is our development platform, and is accessable for testing, works on the new version.
If you'd taken 10 minutes to read these forums latest threads, rather than 30 seconds to post a question already answered, you'd know what SVN was, and why ULX wasn't working.

Whether you decide to come back and log in in a week is up to you.
I do welcome you back, hopefully having learned from the experience.

Regards.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 06:36:30 AM »
Drama. I hate it, but the following message could be called it.

I've unbanned antman.
I apologize to the users and my fellow teammates of the Ulysses community.
I've not been feeling well, was tired of repeat questions, and antman was a lightning rod that attracted my bad mood.

When I first joined Ulysses, Megiddo went on sabbatical.
Though the reasons for doing so were NOT directly due to the forums, I believe they provided one of several points that helped him say "now is a good time"

Though I won't be on sabbatical, I will try to step back from repeat questions.
If I do decide to answer questions that have already been answered, I'll try to poiint people towards the forum that contains the answer (avoiding the actual thread link if possible, just the forum that contains the thread). I'll also try to point people to the search function of our board.

Now, all that being said. Antman, see my answer regarding your questions in my previous post.
If you can't find your answer, please post the question. I personally won't ban you for asking a Ulysses related question again.
That is my promise.

Offline Banyon

• Kill 'a' Byte
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 04:16:16 PM »
I personaly don't see a problem with banning retards. it takes a grand total of 2 minutes to read our front page.  I know forums are usually my last resort.

Offline Avien

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 07:25:45 PM »
Truthfully though, the forums could use some cleaning.  I know that most dumb/repeat questions get put into trash, but more times then not, some threads are fully of useless dead ends.  I might be mistaken, but doesn't the search function look in the trash as well?

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 07:48:41 PM »
The trash is regularly cleaned, so it does not matter if the trash is searched anyways.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.