ULX

Author Topic: Better Spectate  (Read 2686 times)

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
Better Spectate
« on: February 01, 2008, 09:34:02 PM »
First off I would like to say, great job with making the update for ulx and ulib compatable almost next day.

The reason I started this post is mainly because of wiremod. I find it to be very frustrating to explain to someone how to wire somehing together without giving them a first person reference. The !specate is ok, but it doesn't show the sup menus on the wire gun. Like if I were to point at and add gate. The spectator wouldn't know if I was wiring from A,B,C...ect without me telling them. I was wondering if it would be at all possible to make it so that the spectate command could display more thoroughly what is happening on the teachers screen. Like of course the exact thing they see (including the "Q" menu) plus extra features like telling them if they right clicked or left.

I don't know if this is possible because i'm not a coder, but I would imagine this is the place to find some really good coders.

Thanks for your Input in advance.
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Better Spectate
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 09:44:11 PM »
Spawn menu would be out, but we could make it show what tool they're using... maybe.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 09:48:08 PM »
Wow, thanks for the instantaneous response. The spawn menu wouldn't be a big loss, the biggest thing is showing exactly what the teacher sees. Also, on another note, I would like the jail to have the ability to be set at a specific position like it is in darkrp. Like I could build a jail in game then set that as the jail position. That would be cool because you could have multiple users in one jail killing each other with crowbars or something.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 09:54:15 PM by jay209015 »

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:10:02 PM »
Spawn menu would be out, but we could make it show what tool they're using... maybe.
I'm 95% sure it could be done definitely, and have been considering how to do it for some time.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 10:54:38 PM »
Great to hear, and can't wait until you figure it out :D