ULX

Author Topic: Chat with a server?  (Read 2409 times)

Nerdygamer

Chat with a server?
« on: February 17, 2008, 03:07:33 PM »
OK i have a server and i want to set something up where i can talk to other people in the server and still be in my server. I know that i have to have a database to do this because it is almost like the uban thing but this time you chat with the server.

If anyone that is nice enough to tell me how to do this that would be great. plus if you can also tell me how to set up my own database that would be even more better. ;D

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Chat with a server?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 03:36:51 PM »
If you mean chat among two different servers, perhaps you might find more support and ideas there.
http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/showthread.php?t=416893
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Nerdygamer

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 04:01:55 PM »
Wow if i knew it was going to be this hard i would have never asked the question. : :o

Offline Avien

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 09:47:50 AM »
Unless you meant talking as the server, while still in the server.  That can be done using rcon.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 02:54:26 PM »
True. Now that I look again, it is difficult to fully understand what you are wanting.
If the 'other players' are in the same server you are connected to... you can use rcon to act as the console while still playing on same server.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 02:56:33 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming