ULX

Author Topic: UPS - Ulysses Prop Share  (Read 369590 times)

Offline Gmods

Re: UPS - Ulysses Prop Share
« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2008, 05:23:43 PM »
UPS isn't seem to be working on my 10 man server i have latest ulib and ulx and such and it was working yesterday so i deleted it and redownloaded and reuploaded it to the server and it's still not working can someone help?... what it is saying is that UPS is not installed on this server on the UPS tab in utilities
I get that too sometimes :/ I have to reboot the server to make it startup

Offline Gmods

« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2008, 03:59:02 PM »
Another problem are props owned by "world". These props players cannot dupe or control. For example, on gm_botmap the train parts that are spawned from the map wont save when you dupe them, also NPC Spawners belong to the "world" or "map". Anyway to remove this so when a player hits/shoots the prop it becomes theirs?

Offline Morbs

« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2008, 10:07:16 AM »
I'm also getting this error on start up. ???

Code: [Select]
[UPS ERROR] Ownership table is not setup for a ply in onEntRemoved! Could be a bad UPS addon installed or bad initialization?   Please report this error to ulyssesmod.net with information on how you got it.

I am getting this error on my dedicated server whenever someone joins or spawns a prop/npc.  I also do not see the UPS menu under utilities.  I have the latest version of ulx, ulib, and uclip installed on both the client and server just to see if it made a difference.. it did not.  There are no other prop protection addons.  The only other addons installed are additional prop and model addons (phx, spmb)

Also, client side I get this:

Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ups_client_init'
ULX version 3.31 loaded.
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ups_repWriteCvar'
Followed by about 150 more lines before it gives up

Edit:
I just tried a clean install with no other addons (except ulx, ulib, and uclip).  Same errors and still no admin menu. Yes, I am superadmin.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 03:22:29 PM by Morbs »

Offline Patrik

« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2008, 07:12:01 AM »
It appears that the new update broke this. People can grab everybodys props even though it says that owner is someone. I also get these errors (a lot more then I pasted here):

Code: [Select]
The first parameter of this function should contain only the command, the second parameter should contain arguments.RunConsoleCommand: Command has invalid characters! (ups_cl_disableplayer_physgun3 ('3'))
The first parameter of this function should contain only the command, the second parameter should contain arguments.RunConsoleCommand: Command has invalid characters! (ups_cl_disableplayer_remove3 ('3'))
The first parameter of this function should contain only the command, the second parameter should contain arguments.RunConsoleCommand: Command has invalid characters! (ups_cl_disableplayer_tool3 ('3'))
The first parameter of this function should contain only the command, the second parameter should contain arguments.RunConsoleCommand: Command has invalid characters! (ups_cl_disableplayer_unfreeze3 ('3'))
The first parameter of this function should contain only the command, the second parameter should contain arguments.RunConsoleCommand: Command has invalid characters! (ups_cl_disableplayer_use3 ('3'))
The first parameter of this function should contain only the command, the second parameter should contain arguments.RunConsoleCommand: Command has invalid characters! (ups_cl_friend3 ('3'))
The first parameter of this function should contain only the command, the second parameter should contain arguments.[

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2008, 07:31:54 AM »
Can garry ever make an update without breaking most scripts?
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #170 on: September 03, 2008, 03:32:40 PM »
Can garry ever make an update without breaking most scripts?

That's a rhetorical question, right?
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2008, 06:22:23 PM »
I got this problem once when I first set up gmod (figured it was my fault at the time), but now I have everything set up and good to go and I'm not receiving that error anymore. Is anyone else receiving that error?

Offline Patrik

« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2008, 02:49:50 PM »
Garry fixed it :P

Falon

« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2008, 03:11:18 PM »
Is there any way i can make it to where "Super Admins" can touch the map props =3

Offline Cornflake

« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2008, 12:30:42 AM »
Hi all,

I must say Megiddo, and the Ulysses team, thank you for creating UPS -- as it's been mentioned there aren't many prop protector scripts around these days. Simple, professional, does it's job - I like that. It's nice to have a choice on what to use  ;D

However one request: It seems like configuration on the admin side is a little lacking. Ie there's no way to configure or toggle world entity protection, use protection, and admin allow / ignore (An admin allow / ignore is useful to diagnose possible problems by forcing admins to have same rights as regular players for props). I'm normally happy to hunt around Lua files to change this, but I'm having an increasing number of addons I always have to tweak the Lua for and it's getting a bit hard to manage.

A toggle option for world entity protection would make this thing perfect!

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2008, 08:31:21 AM »
Hi all,

I must say Megiddo, and the Ulysses team, thank you for creating UPS -- as it's been mentioned there aren't many prop protector scripts around these days. Simple, professional, does it's job - I like that. It's nice to have a choice on what to use  ;D

However one request: It seems like configuration on the admin side is a little lacking. Ie there's no way to configure or toggle world entity protection, use protection, and admin allow / ignore (An admin allow / ignore is useful to diagnose possible problems by forcing admins to have same rights as regular players for props). I'm normally happy to hunt around Lua files to change this, but I'm having an increasing number of addons I always have to tweak the Lua for and it's getting a bit hard to manage.

A toggle option for world entity protection would make this thing perfect!

Implemented both suggestions in SVN.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2008, 06:08:03 PM »
Excellent. The world prop issue got me more than a few times one night on BBS server last month
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Cornflake

« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2008, 02:28:47 PM »
Hi again,

It seems that UPS isn't saving my admin settings (On latest SVN revisions). First of all, when I toggle the checkboxes, even though there's a check mark - nothing happens. It just wont disable world protection, admins restricted, delete admins props, etc. I'm pretty sure the sliders are suffering from the same problem.

And second, after a server restart all the settings are at their default values. So I'd say it's a bit of a major bug  :P

P.S. Shouldn't the admins restricted option default to off anyway?

Offline Sc00by22

« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »
Just doing what it says, All I did was enter my server, spawn a few props, then leave,

[UPS ERROR] Ownership table is not setup for a ply in onEntRemoved! Could be a bad UPS addon installed or bad initialization?   Please report this error to ulyssesmod.net with information on how you got it.

Also what's the svn address?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 03:01:16 PM by Sc00by22 »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2008, 06:16:19 PM »
Hi again,

It seems that UPS isn't saving my admin settings (On latest SVN revisions). First of all, when I toggle the checkboxes, even though there's a check mark - nothing happens. It just wont disable world protection, admins restricted, delete admins props, etc. I'm pretty sure the sliders are suffering from the same problem.

And second, after a server restart all the settings are at their default values. So I'd say it's a bit of a major bug  :P

P.S. Shouldn't the admins restricted option default to off anyway?

Make sure you don't have you config set to read-only. That's the only reason why I could see this happening.

Scooby,
You, as an admin, entered the server, spawned some props, then left and got that error? Were there any errors on startup or when you joined?