ULX

Author Topic: Some Questions that seem to be unanswered elsewhere  (Read 7177 times)

Divran

Some Questions that seem to be unanswered elsewhere
« on: May 15, 2008, 02:15:46 AM »
I might not be good at looking for stuff, I don't know, but I need help with my server. I really like ULX because it has so many fun commands, so thanks for making it. And yes it is a dedicated server.
I spent a good hour looking in the FAQs section but I couldn't find what I was looking for

1: This is really strange: When I had my server up for about 5 minutes and I didn't have any addons, some guy joined. I saw him as an error (I think this might be fixed now). Later, the next day, when I tried again, a person in my Friends List couldn't join. It said "Server not Responding". I know that ULX has nothing whatsoever to do with this but you seem like smart people. Maybe you know the answer.

2: How do you make certain weapons in the sweps menu only available to admins, so that regulars can't click them? I don't want them nuking the map all the time.

3: My TAB-menu doesn't seem to work. I am a super admin but it still shows as Regular Member in the TAB menu. This might not have anything to do with ULX, but I noticed that my TAB menu CHANGED when I downloaded ULX.

4: Is there a way to make certain groups spawn without weapons? I want Super Admins and admins to spawn with all weapons, but Regulars and Guests to spawn without weapons. If there is no way, could you at least explain how to make EVERYONE spawn without weapons?
 4b: I also would like to know the command to give everyone weapons, if I for some reason need everyone to have weapons for a while. I suppose it is something you write into the console, and poof, everyone gets weapons.

I tried to look but I never found anything. I spent a lot of hours on it. I must suck at looking for stuff...

Thanks in advance! ULX rocks

Divran

Re: Some Questions that seem to be unanswered elsewhere
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 02:48:11 AM »
It seems I have encountered another bug. Im sad to say that I tried changing the things in the Groups folder, to try to add a group, but I think I failed. Now nothing works. I feel like punching myself. I try writing "ulx adduser Divran superadmin 1". It says:

] ulx adduser divran superadmin
(ADMIN) (Console) added user [BG] Divran to group "superadmin"

But when I try, I dont have access to any commands. None. All I did in the text document was:
1: I copied all the superadmin text
2: I changed the name from superadmin to owner
3: I closed the text document and saved it
4: I tried to run the server. No access whatsoever. Nothing.
5: I try to restore the text document by erasing the group Owner. Nothing. None.

Also, This is really strange:

] ulx adduser Divran admin
Invalid group!

----------------------------------------------------
Here is what it says in the Groups.txt:
Code: [Select]
"superadmin"
{
"deny"
{
}
"allow"
{
"ulx hiddenecho"
"ulx rcon"
"ulx luarun"
"ulx cexec"
"ulx ent"
"ulx adduser"
"ulx removeuser"
"ulx userallow"
"ulx userdeny"
"ulx addgroup"
"ulx removegroup"
"ulx groupallow"
"ulx groupdeny"
"overcomeimmunity"
}
"inherit_from"
{
"admin"
}
}
"admin"
{
"deny"
{
}
"allow"
{
"ulib_passtime"
"ulib_passtimeout"
"ulx spawnecho"
"ulx tsay"
"ulx csay"
"ulx gimp"
"ulx mute"
"ulx ungimp"
"ulx unmute"
"ulx gag"
"ulx ungag"
"ulx chattime"
"ulx welcomemessage"
"ulx slap"
"ulx whip"
"ulx slay"
"ulx sslay"
"ulx ignite"
"ulx unignite"
"ulx playsound"
"ulx freeze"
"ulx unfreeze"
"ulx god"
"ulx ungod"
"ulx noclip"
"ulx hp"
"ulx armor"
"ulx cloak"
"ulx uncloak"
"ulx blind"
"ulx unblind"
"ulx jail"
"ulx unjail"
"ulx ghost"
"ulx unghost"
"ulx ragdoll"
"ulx unragdoll"
"ulx maul"
"ulx strip"
"ulx adminmenu"
"ulx clientmenu"
"ulx mapsmenu"
"ulx showmotd"
"ulx banmenu"
"ulx exec"
"ulx rslotsmode"
"ulx rslots"
"ulx rslotsvisible"
"ulx reservedslots"
"ulx bring"
"ulx goto"
"ulx send"
"ulx teleport"
"ulx tooldeny"
"ulx toolallow"
"ulx tooldenyuser"
"ulx toolallowuser"
"ulx tooldenyoverride"
"ulx map"
"ulx kick"
"ulx ban"
"ulx banid"
"ulx unban"
"ulx spectate"
"ulx mingekick"
"ulx physgunplayer"
"ulx vote"
"ulx votemap2"
"ulx votekick"
"ulx voteban"
"ulx veto"
}
"inherit_from"
{
"operator"
}
}
"user"
{
"deny"
{
}
"allow"
{
"ulx"
"ulx help"
"ulx psay"
"ulx asay"
"ulx thetime"
"ulx menu"
"ulx_valueupdate"
"ulx_cvar"
"ulx_getgamemodes"
"ulx motd"
"ulx_getbans"
"ulx usermanagementhelp"
"ulx who"
"ulx votemap"
}
"inherit_from"
{
}
}
"operator"
{
"deny"
{
}
"allow"
{
"ulx seeasay"
}
"inherit_from"
{
}
}
"none"
{
"deny"
{
}
"allow"
{
"ulx logecho"
"ulx logfile"
"ulx logevents"
"ulx logchat"
"ulx logspawns"
"ulx logspawnsecho"
"ulx logdir"
"ulx addgimpsay"
"ulx addadvert"
"ulx addcsayadvert"
"ulx addforceddownload"
"ulx debuginfo"
"ulx voteecho"
"ulx votemap2successratio"
"ulx votemap2minvotes"
"ulx votekicksuccessratio"
"ulx votekickminvotes"
"ulx votebansuccessratio"
"ulx votebanminvotes"
"ulx votemapenabled"
"ulx votemapmintime"
"ulx votemapwaittime"
"ulx votemapsuccessratio"
"ulx votemapminvotes"
"ulx votemapvetotime"
"ulx votemapmapmode"
"ulx votemapaddmap"
}
"inherit_from"
{
}
}

And here is what it says in the Users.txt:
"[bg] divran"
{
"deny"
{
}
"type" "steamid"
"groups"
{
"superadmin"
}
"id" "STEAM_0:0:9583907"
"pass" ""
"allow"
{
"immunity"
}
}

Ok so what now? Thanks in advance.

Divran

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 07:07:45 AM »
The problem about me not being able to use superadmin commands has been solved. I have no idea how, but it somehow fixed itself shortly after the post I made. Maybe it was something I did...

All the other problems are still there. The TAB menu problem is really annoying!

Thanks for - hey... you never did anything. =P

Megiddo_at_work

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 07:36:22 AM »
I might not be good at looking for stuff, I don't know, but I need help with my server. I really like ULX because it has so many fun commands, so thanks for making it. And yes it is a dedicated server.
I spent a good hour looking in the FAQs section but I couldn't find what I was looking for

1: This is really strange: When I had my server up for about 5 minutes and I didn't have any addons, some guy joined. I saw him as an error (I think this might be fixed now). Later, the next day, when I tried again, a person in my Friends List couldn't join. It said "Server not Responding". I know that ULX has nothing whatsoever to do with this but you seem like smart people. Maybe you know the answer.

2: How do you make certain weapons in the sweps menu only available to admins, so that regulars can't click them? I don't want them nuking the map all the time.

3: My TAB-menu doesn't seem to work. I am a super admin but it still shows as Regular Member in the TAB menu. This might not have anything to do with ULX, but I noticed that my TAB menu CHANGED when I downloaded ULX.

4: Is there a way to make certain groups spawn without weapons? I want Super Admins and admins to spawn with all weapons, but Regulars and Guests to spawn without weapons. If there is no way, could you at least explain how to make EVERYONE spawn without weapons?
 4b: I also would like to know the command to give everyone weapons, if I for some reason need everyone to have weapons for a while. I suppose it is something you write into the console, and poof, everyone gets weapons.

I tried to look but I never found anything. I spent a lot of hours on it. I must suck at looking for stuff...

Thanks in advance! ULX rocks

Thanks for being descriptive Divran! It's much easier to help your sort than the "it doesn't work" sort.

So, as far as the tab menu (scoreboard); You DON'T want to show up as an admin on it? If that's the case, you'd have to modify the scoreboard to remove that indication.

1. Don't know sorry

2. Unless you're talking STOOLs (which we have some basic access control for), see 4.

4. a+b, a much requested feature that is not yet implemented. We've gotten this one a lot lately though so it's probably just a matter of time before we throw it in there.

Divran

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 01:18:53 PM »
1: This problem seems to be fixed. It looks like some players can join it but a few can't. Too bad for those who can't. =(

2: How about Sents? The Malawar is irritating when people spamm them. The smoke from the huge explosions totally mess up my FPS.

I WANT to be shown as admin. I want it to WORK, not to remove it. EVERYONE on the server show up wrong. Not even "Guest" works. They all show up as "undefined" or something. Don't remember right now.

Oops Got to go now. Be back tomorrow to check if someone answered.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 01:33:26 PM »
function Loadout( ply )
if !ply:IsAdmin() then
              ply:Give("weapon_physcannon")
      ply:Give("weapon_physgun")
      ply:Give("gmod_tool")
      ply:Give("gmod_camera")
      ply:SelectWeapon("weapon_physcannon")
      return true
        end
return false
end
hook.Add( "PlayerLoadout", "gravAndShot", Loadout)

Put this code into a file called loadout.lua and stick it in garrysmod/lua/server
If it works how it should.. players who arent admin will spawn with only physgun, gravgun, tool gun, and camera. Admins will spawn with everything.

As for your scoreboard. Download and use UTeam and sui_scoreboard. this is a replacement system that is fully compatable with ulx's team based groups. Both of these addons can be found in the release section of this website.

(Im going to double post because i have something for you and it needs it's own post.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:38:57 PM by MrPresident »

Megiddo_at_work

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 01:39:37 PM »
I WANT to be shown as admin. I want it to WORK, not to remove it. EVERYONE on the server show up wrong. Not even "Guest" works. They all show up as "undefined" or something. Don't remember right now.

What scoreboard are you using? It's working as it's supposed to. Usergroups are not teams. If you want your usergroups to determine the team, use UTeam.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 01:42:06 PM »
This is the function that limits STools to certain groups.
function MPUseTool( ply, tr, toolmode )
local denies = {"stargate_iris", "drones", "staff_weapon", "stargate_cloaking", "stargate_shield", "zpm", "wraith_harvester"}
for _, v in pairs(denies) do
if v == toolmode then
if !ply:IsAdmin() and !ply:IsUserGroup("platinum") and !ply:IsUserGroup("goldmoderator") and !ply:query("stargate") then
ply:PrintMessage( HUD_PRINTTALK, "This tool is restricted to Admins and Platinum Members" )
return false
end
end
end
end
hook.Add( "CanTool", "MPUseTool", MPUseTool );

This is the code to limit SEnts to groups.
function MPSentSpawn( ply, cls )
local denies = {"transporter", "dhd_atlantis", "dhd_sg1", "ring_panel", "ring_base", "stargate_atlantis", "stargate_sg1"}
for _, v in pairs(denies) do
if v == cls then
if !ply:IsAdmin() and !ply:IsUserGroup("platinum") and !ply:IsUserGroup("goldmoderator") and !ply:query("stargate") then
ply:PrintMessage( HUD_PRINTTALK, "This entity is restricted to Admins and Platinum Members" )
return false
end
end
end
end
hook.Add( "PlayerSpawnSENT", "MPSentSpawn", MPSentSpawn );

I don't have a LOT of time to explain these 2 bits of code.. but basically on the first one, put the names of the tools you wish to limit in quotes in teh table define at the top. The groups you wish to be able to use them are in the IF statement below. Do the same with the second example except.. it is for entities instead of tools.

Anyone here will be able to help you with this code if you require assistance, or you can contact ME directly. You are more likely to get a response if you contact me with a PM.. either here or on my website(listed in my sig)

Divran

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 04:40:07 AM »
Thanks a lot guys. You have helped me a lot so far, and I think you will help me even more..

I have downloaded Uteam and I will be testing it in a min to see if it works good.

The next thing I want to make are Groups. As I mentioned in the first post, I failed completely at making groups. Could you please tell me what to do to make it as easy as possible? For example: Should I write it in the console, or in the txt file? Which is the easiest? Can you change the colour of groups? I have seen black groups, green, red, orange, yellow, blue...
Anyway here is what I have in mind:

Group name:    Commands available:              Color: (if possible)
Owner            Everything (Superadmin)        Black
Close Friend     Most things (admin)               Red
Friend             Few things (see below)          Blue
Skilled Guest    Less things (see below)          Dark green
Guest             Almost nothing (see below)     Green

(By color I mean the color of their chat text and the color that shows when you view the scoreboard.)

Friend: kick, votemap, voteban, goto, bring, hp, armor, god, ungod, tp, cloak, uncloak, NOT able to move props other than their own
Skilled Guest: votekick, votemap, hp, armor, NOT able to move props other than their own
Guest: votekick, god, ungod, hp, NOT able to move props other than their own

This is what I had in mind.
I'm not a complete noob at this. I have programming in school, but with a different program... So I don't understand any of the script language in these txt documents.

About the codes you gave me. Where do I put them?
I want to cancel all weapons except for "Owner" and "Close Friend", and I want to cancel Malawar's launcher, the staff weapon SWep and the stationary staff weapon SEnt. Only them for now. I will see if there are any more annoying ones later (but then I will hopefully be able to cancel them myself).

Having your own server is really exciting. I had 3 players (not counting me) on it at one time after having it up for only 1 hour (I mean 1 hour in total)!
I hope you can come visit me in my server =)
Just look in the Normal Internet tab and look for "Divran's Server" mostly running wireconstruct.  ;)

(Why don't you have an edit function on this forum? It's annoying if you have to post twice. At least I can't find any Edit button)
Thanks for the help so far.  :)

Divran

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 04:59:24 AM »
Nope, Sorry. The scoreboard still won't work, except it now shows me as a "Regular User" (blue color) instead of "Super Admin". I still have access to all commands, though. And I also have 1000 hp and armor, just like a Super Admin. Wierd...

Megiddo_at_work

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 06:26:12 AM »
Are you sure you installed UTeam right? What scoreboard are you using? Guests can't edit posts. Sign up!

Divran

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 06:41:27 AM »
It works now. It was an addon messing with the files. Cancel the other question about making groups. I just simply changed the name of them in Uteam and edited some stuff. Everything works FINE for now. I'll get back to you if I have any other issues about the scoreboard.

Only one problem left. Blocking the Launcher and the others so that only admins can spawn it.

Thanks! :D

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 09:16:31 AM »
If you want the teams from UTeam to show up then you will need to be using a team asware scoreboard (like sui_scoreboard). The default sandbox scoreboard doesn't handle teams.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage

Divran

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 04:29:01 AM »
Seems I'm still having trouble with the scoreboard. It works just fine now in sandbox, but when I change to Spacebuild, all show as Unassigned... How do I fix that?? ???

Thanks in advance  ;D

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 07:45:41 AM »
Seems I'm still having trouble with the scoreboard. It works just fine now in sandbox, but when I change to Spacebuild, all show as Unassigned... How do I fix that?? ???

Thanks in advance  ;D
Please read/search through the UTeams release thread... someone else had a same issue. You have to add the gamemode to your config properly.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming