Author Topic: R.I.P. SA-MP...  (Read 4481 times)

Offline Chironex

• Formerly known as Kyzer
R.I.P. SA-MP...
« on: June 08, 2008, 06:27:54 AM »
My favorite multiplayer game, GTA SA-MP, is dead for good (i guess) :(

Long story short:

Since more than a year, some groups of idiots had a mission: to destroy SA-MP by crashing servers (including the master server) with random methods (bots, ddos, rcon hacks, etc). Those guys were partially angry cheaters, as the mp mod had a good anticheat system (but also tons of cheaters, almost 1/3 of players are cheaters), and random guys who wanted their servers in the list of Officials servers.

Then, more recently, a former dev of SA-MP leaked partially the source code, which resulted in the closing of the support/scripting forums, the main site, the wiki, and the master server.

A picture that show a temporary death of SA-MP, back in 2007:

I will miss Pawn :(, the scripting language used to create gamemodes and filterscripts for the servers. Back in 2006, it was the first scripting language i've learned, and i know it very well now. By the way thanks to Y_Less, Dracoblue, mabako, and other SA-MP script masters :).

But i don't have the resources to run a server and a forum, and the master server is closed so only servers in the Favorite list are available. Hopefully mabako made a server loader, a sort of patch for the client which connect to an unoffcial master server, so there is still a working public list.

So good bye SA-MP and Pawn scripting, now i concentrate on Lua.

www.sa-mp.com - good luck Kyeman - and Jacob, go die.

I'll upload a .zip with the client, server, additional scripts, Pawno (the Pawn editor), mabako's patch.. if someone is interested.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 07:14:11 AM by Kyzer »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: R.I.P. SA-MP...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 07:48:41 AM »
You can't miss Pawn, it's still used in other things like AMXX (where ULX got it's inspiration from!). :P
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Chironex

• Formerly known as Kyzer
Re: R.I.P. SA-MP...
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 08:11:36 AM »
Hmm. Looks like i was wrong (again). Kye reopened all services :D. But for how long..

Meg I knew about AMX Mod X (which is btw leaded by Bailopan, one of the guy, if not the one, who made Pawn!), i'm just not really interested with this project as with SA-MP. but i should because i like Pawn and Half life :)