Author Topic: Time-Based Ranking System  (Read 1943 times)

Offline gega2202

Time-Based Ranking System
« on: September 23, 2008, 03:44:43 AM »
Before I start, I gotta say... I know there's one of these out here somewhere, but it's very limited. You can't specify different amounts of time between ranks (for example one rank-up takes 30 minutes, while another takes 2 hours), and you can't give it certain ranks to not promote to.

So, I was thinking, and I thought it would be nice to have a promotion system where people will get upgraded by time spent on the server. So, I got a new player on the server, they'd like to rise in rank, all that... But I have to get on the server/rcon, promote them, get back off, or not do anything at all. Wouldn't it be nice to make it so that they would rank up to the second rank, which, unlike the first rank, has noclip, more stools, and a higher prop limit, after 30 minutes? And continuing after that, they'd wait another two hours and they'd get the next rank.

BUT!!!

I don't want moderator to wait enough hours to hit admin, or mingebag to hit enough hours to go up at all, or diamond donator to moderator, all that stuff.

This would be an interesting release...
BUT I don't want it to interfere with the progress on URestrict/ULimit.

Jay209015(Messed up Acc)

Re: Time-Based Ranking System
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 01:03:24 PM »
APromotion already supports different times between each group level, just goto the releases section and find APromotion and goto the last page and there you should find a link to an updated version that does it.