Author Topic: Admin Limits  (Read 2327 times)

Offline NikolaiResokav

Admin Limits
« on: September 25, 2008, 06:07:43 PM »
I was wondering if it would be possible to create an addon or module that would allow admins to bypass limits on the server without changing the limits (I.E. Admins can spawn NPCs even if NPCs spawning is turned off).

Basically, all it does is give the admins no-limits without changing any of the current limits that are in place. To my knowledge, there is no such addon or module for ULX.

(To any of you who have ever used used ASSmod before, you will know what I am talking about.)
Nikolai Resokav

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Admin Limits
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 06:21:45 PM »
Thanks for suggestions. However, it might be better next time to add to the posts of suggestions that are the same.
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,3348.0.html

In that thread, Megiddo actually posted code for bypassing the limits.
It's old, I have no idea if that code still works in current Gmod.
Either way, perhaps it could be used as a base for one of our community members comfortable with Lua to make a small release.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline NikolaiResokav

Re: Admin Limits
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 06:34:48 PM »
Sorry, I've been really busy and was kind of in a rush when I posted. Normally I would try to make this myself, but the only thing that I can do with LUA is create a Derma Menu  :-\

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing if anyone can come up with anything.
Nikolai Resokav