22 (18.5%)
I Don't Care, I Use The Console
14 (11.8%)
No
4 (3.4%)
I Prefer The Old GUI
8 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: URestrict [Depreciated-author no longer supports]  (Read 469106 times)

Offline DiscoBiscuit

• DiscoBuild
Re: URestrict
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2008, 07:36:37 PM »
I knew one of these plugins were lagging >:(
I thought it was aspam

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2008, 07:55:52 PM »
Let Jay look into it more before fully blaming URestrict.
I've only glanced at the code, and don't see how it would do that. I see that it sends user messages on player initial spawn.
I didn't look to see how often else.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2009, 09:54:27 AM »
Let Jay look into it more before fully blaming URestrict.
I've only glanced at the code, and don't see how it would do that. I see that it sends user messages on player initial spawn.
I didn't look to see how often else.
     - It's URestrict/My fault, it's still sending the user messages every 3 seconds for every player in the server. Meant to take that out before release.
Fixing right now.
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2009, 10:27:53 AM »
Revision 12:
     -Fixed User Message Spam

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2009, 05:01:17 PM »
Nice. Always good to look for ways to optimize.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2009, 09:14:01 PM »
Only time it should ever send the User Message is when the panel is either opened or altered. This is the way it was intended for release, but I had a timer doing it to make testing of the gui easier. Now to work on sending all the groups to the client side for the restrictions.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2009, 07:23:57 AM »
Do we have any results in? A before and after updated Net_Graph?

Offline Hardy

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2009, 04:37:02 AM »
Now all good with netgraph, remaining ASpam and UPS :)

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2009, 09:39:37 AM »
Update:
     - I plan to have the loadouts editable in-game before the end of this month. I'm very tight on time though, so no guarantees.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2009, 12:23:51 PM »
Revision 13:
     - Removed the ability for players to pick up weapons/tools from the ground that their group is not allowed to use. [Added]

Offline tony

• Happy Day.
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2009, 06:37:32 PM »
Hi, I was referred here from Prop Limits to ask if URestrict could restrict SENTs?
specifically the ball and melonfriend.

Thanks!

Offline (-TA-)Thor

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2009, 02:08:24 PM »
hey. im getting some problems on my server, when ever i start it up i get these errors in console:

ULib/modules/client/urestrict_cl.lua:9: attempt to call method 'IsAdmin' (a nil value)
ULib/modules/client/urestrict_cl.lua:9: attempt to call method 'IsAdmin' (a nil value)
ULib/modules/client/urestrict_cl.lua:25: attempt to call method 'IsAdmin' (a nil value)
ULib/modules/client/urestrict_cl.lua:25: attempt to call method 'IsAdmin' (a nil value)
ULib/modules/client/urestrict_cl.lua:43: attempt to call method 'IsAdmin' (a nil value)
ULib/modules/client/urestrict_cl.lua:43: attempt to call method 'IsAdmin' (a nil value)
ULib/modules/client/urestrict_cl.lua:61: attempt to call method 'IsAdmin' (a nil value)
ULib/modules/client/urestrict_cl.lua:77: attempt to call method 'IsAdmin' (a nil value)
ULib/modules/client/urestrict_cl.lua:77: attempt to call method 'IsAdmin' (a nil value)
ULib/modules/client/urestrict_cl.lua:99: attempt to call method 'IsAdmin' (a nil value)
ULib/modules/client/urestrict_cl.lua:99: attempt to call method 'IsAdmin' (a nil value)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2009, 08:44:10 PM »
Thor, did this start after Garry's last update? ULX/ULib has seen some issues due to it if you aren't using SVN.
Jay will have to research a bit more to find out if it's ULib issue or his actual code and whether its the update Garry did or not.
Garry likes to change things, often too much.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2009, 10:26:50 PM »
This happening to anyone else, It's working fine here. Plus I don't think the IsAdmin() function would be affected by any of the previous updates

Offline Dv2236

• MyGamingVoid
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2009, 12:07:01 AM »
hmmm adding all the weapons i want to allow users / groups to use :P does this make them spawn with them as well?

last time i tried this addon i bind p with URestrict but anyways when the menu would load up it would always be blank(note only when i first join the server) and i would have to add / remove something random to view the menu with current settings is this fixed?

also iv had a problem were i would make it so vip group could use iris stool for stargate addon and on my side it would say disallow them but they could not make it so i would click it and than i get message they are now allowed... and a few min later they could not make them again, than i would repeat allowing it again. maybe that was a random bug i think ulx was messing up on me 2 so ya ^_^ but after that one i removed it. and was just going to use ulx tooldeny so on tobad ulx never made a ulx toolallow/deny group vip kinda deal comamnd ^_^

but if you keep up the good work i might have to use this addon ::) gotta say i liked the menu a bit ^_^
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 12:10:00 AM by Dv2236 »