22 (18.5%)
I Don't Care, I Use The Console
14 (11.8%)
No
4 (3.4%)
I Prefer The Old GUI
8 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: URestrict [Depreciated-author no longer supports]  (Read 479405 times)

Offline The_code

Re: URestrict
« Reply #525 on: January 21, 2010, 02:54:30 PM »
Ah, I just noticed that I hadn't installed ULX SVN, its all working now. Thanks.

Offline Unsmart

« Reply #526 on: January 24, 2010, 06:03:28 AM »
Any ideas how I can remove the WEAPON restriction? i have my own sript for doing that, but I cant really find the line that blocks weapons in urestrict..

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #527 on: January 24, 2010, 03:25:17 PM »
Lol, easy. Open URestrict in game, and then click the loadouts tab. Then Click tools enabled and when it turns false, you're good to go.
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline JR

« Reply #528 on: January 25, 2010, 06:17:29 AM »
Personally, i remove the prop ban list feature because i don't want to rewrite all 1001 lines of my darkrp banlist

BTW guys this doesn't listen to darkrp's prop banlist unless you remove the propbanlist from this addon(very nice addon i would say.)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:21:02 AM by JR »

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #529 on: January 25, 2010, 01:14:58 PM »
BTW guys this doesn't listen to darkrp's prop banlist unless you remove the propbanlist from this addon
     - That's to know, do you mind posting your changes so that it'll be easier for other users?

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline dinero

« Reply #530 on: January 25, 2010, 07:46:31 PM »
Just a suggestion, but I think you should add

TOOL.AddToMenu = false

to URestrict/lua/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/restricted.lua, so that people don't see it in the Q menu.

I think this got drowned out by the other posts, still I think it should be added.

Offline JR

« Reply #531 on: January 25, 2010, 08:11:46 PM »
Well everytime i restart my server this addon breaks... any ideas?

"Unknown Command: 'urestrict'"

when i delete data\urestrict then restart my server it works fine...
ALSO
tool restrict wont work for me lol, is darkrp non compatable with this (yeah i know fpp build in but guess what... i dont like it)

also

- That's to know, do you mind posting your changes so that it'll be easier for other users?

The attachments should do it.

Worked for me anyways.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:29:16 PM by JR »

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #532 on: January 26, 2010, 12:50:11 PM »
Well everytime i restart my server this addon breaks... any ideas?

"Unknown Command: 'urestrict'"

when i delete data\urestrict then restart my server it works fine...
ALSO
tool restrict wont work for me lol, is darkrp non compatable with this (yeah i know fpp build in but guess what... i dont like it)
     - Probably because URestrict was built with sandbox in mind, but there are some cases where it works in DarkRP just really depends on the release. Maybe one day I'll build a restriction system for DarkRP, but I don't foresee that in the too near furture. However, if someone wants to take up this project, I'd be more than happy to help out.

Offline superkyol

« Reply #533 on: March 20, 2010, 05:01:51 PM »
Basically just that. I have tool restrictions turned on, but restricted tools can still be used by anyone.

For the record, I'm using DarkRP and Falco's Prop Protection, but that shouldn't really interfere with how URestrict runs, right? Especially since everything else in it works, such as loadouts, prop restrictions etc.. the only thing that won't work is the tool restrictions. No LUA errors or anything, it simply won't work.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:16:07 PM by JamminR »

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #534 on: March 20, 2010, 07:54:55 PM »
Zip up your data/URestrict folder and post it here.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:16:28 PM by JamminR »

Offline superkyol

« Reply #535 on: March 20, 2010, 09:08:22 PM »
Mmkay, all zipped up. Two things to note:

- I'm using a fast download server, however the only thing included in said fast download server is a map.. no addons or anything like that. Perhaps I need to upload the toolgun lua and graphics and such into it?

- I edited the following files: giveSwep.lua and spawn.lua. I had to do this in order to be able to turn off loadouts completely, but still restrict non-admin players from spawning guns. This doesn't affect prop limit restrictions, and shouldn't affect tool restrictions.. I hope.

You can download my URestrict folder here: http://www.mavbear.com/URestrict.rar

Thanks for all your help so far. :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:16:42 PM by JamminR »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #536 on: March 20, 2010, 09:55:52 PM »
Fastdownload requires that you have your server's cache folder available...anytime you update or change an addon, upload your server's cache folder there after a server restart (which rebuilds the cache). It stores all the lua your server uses in cache form....if it's not available from fast download...many things can and will go wrong.
Not sure it will fix your problem for this instance, but it definitely won't hurt.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:16:55 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #537 on: March 20, 2010, 09:59:37 PM »
I need the .txt files from within your data/URestrict folder. not the addon.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:17:44 PM by JamminR »

Offline superkyol

« Reply #538 on: March 20, 2010, 10:05:35 PM »
Jammin: I always clear the cache when I change any LUA files in any way, no luck. :(  Do you think it would help to add my whole addon folder (less wire and phx3 for obvious reasons) to the fast download server?

jay: Here's the link: http://www.mavbear.com/urestrictvars.rar

Hope this helps.. Thanks again! :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:17:59 PM by JamminR »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #539 on: March 20, 2010, 10:19:31 PM »
Yes, clearing it is fine, but, are you then uploading it to your fast download server after a server restart?
Your fast download should be like
/maps/your_single_map
/cache
Should have NO need to upload addons folder. Not recommended
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming