Author Topic: URestrict help  (Read 11044 times)

Offline 3L 0H 3L

URestrict help
« on: December 07, 2008, 04:02:15 PM »
I recently got this into my server. I have a problem. Im in the super admin group. It does it like im in the user group. How can i move myself from user to super admin.

Urestrict: http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,3680.0.html
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 04:04:09 PM by 3L 0H 3L »

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
Re: URestrict help
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 06:02:36 PM »
You will need to explain this further, because URestrict doesn't handle the players individually, it handles groups.
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline 3L 0H 3L

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 06:10:46 PM »
Like I myself am super admin of the server, how do i put my self in the super admin group in Urestrict

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 09:37:27 AM »
You don't. As stated before, URestrict doesn't handle the players, it handles the groups they're in.

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline 3L 0H 3L

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 01:48:36 PM »
Ok i get it. So i am already in super admin group(or supposed to be). But when i let a super admin(GROUP) be able to use dynamite, I cant use it because when i let user use dynamite, I can. Meaning im in the users group when i should be in the super admin group.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »
while in the game, type ulx who in the console, and post results here. As well, open your <server>/garrysmod/data/URestrict/Tools/dynamite.txt and show me what's in there as well.

Offline 3L 0H 3L

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 01:37:26 PM »

Thar.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 04:39:26 PM »
1) You aren't getting your lua cache files from the server in time for the messages the server sends to you to work. (do you have server download enabled? If so, do you have your client allow inbound lua?)
OR
2) The usermessages are arriving out of order/too fast for your client to get them. Gmod usermessages are notorius for this.
Jay, if it ends up being #2, research ULib (or, ULX?) method for determining a player is ready for usermessages.
(I forget exactly..ULib has a function I think)

I'm guessing it's #1 though.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline 3L 0H 3L

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 08:10:08 PM »
Im using Art of War servers, so im not really sure.

If you could give me like your aim, msn, steam, so i can talk to you easier

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 03:24:19 PM »
2) The usermessages are arriving out of order/too fast for your client to get them. Gmod usermessages are notorius for this.
Jay, if it ends up being #2, research ULib (or, ULX?) method for determining a player is ready for usermessages.
(I forget exactly..ULib has a function I think)
     - I'm sending the user message via ULib.umsgSend shouldn't ULib already determine whether or not the player is ready?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 03:45:50 PM »
     - I'm sending the user message via ULib.umsgSend shouldn't ULib already determine whether or not the player is ready?
Yep.
I was betting #1. The yellow shows client side. Most likely he's not getting the file cache from the server.

EDIT
Actually, Wait. No.
I just checked the code. Seems no check is made for umsgSend. It just makes easy determination of what type, not if player is ready.
Try using any one of these hooks to determine a player is ready for user messages if you're not already.

EDIT by Megiddo: Fixed link
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 06:22:18 PM by Megiddo »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline 3L 0H 3L

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 04:07:43 PM »
Still need help, I dont know how to figure that out with art of war servers
New to making servers work.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 04:21:14 PM »
Still need help, I dont know how to figure that out with art of war servers
New to making servers work.
Server setup for downloading goes way beyond what ULX is written for. (Though we do provide some force download commands, they'll only work if your server is set up properly to allow downloads)
See http://wiki.garrysmod.com/wiki/?title=Admin#Remote_file_downloads.2Fsv_downloadurl
Whether you use fast download (sv_downloadurl) or not (sv_allowdownload 1)
You must provide a way for your users to download your server's cached lua files so they will run.

Now, that being said, Jay's Garry's code _may_ still be partially to blame if Jay's code isn't using ULib's 'is player ready for this' bits.

Offline 3L 0H 3L

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 04:43:32 PM »
I looked on the link and it gave me another link and now it says i have to sign up and pay to use the server thing.
Any easier way or easier way to tell me

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 05:00:02 PM »
I looked on the link and it gave me another link and now it says i have to sign up and pay to use the server thing.
Any easier way or easier way to tell me
Art of War may allow sv_download url. check with them.
You can set up your server to download directly for lua files. They don't take that long. Fast download is really good for large maps/models.
Google "+Gmod +setup +cache +lua +download"