Author Topic: Admin Access Problems  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Tricky D

Admin Access Problems
« on: January 11, 2009, 04:40:29 AM »
Hi, i'm new here, so I think this is my first post. Hi  :D

Ok so here's the problem. I run a LAN Listen server so me and my brother can screw around and play various gamemodes etc... I have ULX set up and working fine, with my own custom groups etc... However, the problem is, when I try to add my brother as an Admin or a Superadmin, he cannot access the admin menus.

If he types !menu, the only button that appears is MOTD.
If he types !adminmenu he has FULL access to this, no problem.
If he types !clientmenu, he SEES the names of the players, but there are no command buttons e.g. kick ban etc...

I think thats all. Hope you guys know what up :D

p.s. I added him to super admin via the "ulx adduser <group> <immunity> command, and I checked the users file in the data folder, and I cannot locate any problems.

Thanks guys!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Admin Access Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 10:13:07 AM »
Hi Tricky. Welcome to Ulysses forums.

Some general thoughts;
1) Do you have sv_lan = 1 ?
I'm not sure that sv_lan servers even grab steamids for others that join.
When you run a 'status' from the command line after your brother has joined, does it have '<UNKNOWN>' where his steamid should be?

2) Does he have a separate Steam account with GMod and HL2 for his account too?
In other words, if you're using a fake Steam app to allow you both to play without two separate valid accounts, it never grabs a steamid either.
The status command in my idea 1 above would show the same results.

Next and foremost, if the above two show he has a valid steamid, different than yours, then please see/read and follow our FAQ -
Having trouble with access?
Once you've completed/verified all the steps, make sure to post back here the information requested if it doesn't work.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Tricky D

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 11:29:49 AM »
Hi Tricky. Welcome to Ulysses forums.

Some general thoughts;
1) Do you have sv_lan = 1 ?
I'm not sure that sv_lan servers even grab steamids for others that join.
When you run a 'status' from the command line after your brother has joined, does it have '<UNKNOWN>' where his steamid should be?

2) Does he have a separate Steam account with GMod and HL2 for his account too?
In other words, if you're using a fake Steam app to allow you both to play without two separate valid accounts, it never grabs a steamid either.
The status command in my idea 1 above would show the same results.

Next and foremost, if the above two show he has a valid steamid, different than yours, then please see/read and follow our FAQ -
Having trouble with access?
Once you've completed/verified all the steps, make sure to post back here the information requested if it doesn't work.

1. I do have it set to sv_lan 1, but when I type status it show both of our Steam ID's.
2. My brother does have a separate steam account and his own Steam ID, so this can't be the problem.

I will try it with sv_lan set to 0 and see if it works.

Thanks for the help :D

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 12:17:52 PM »
Try the faq link i gave you and post the results here if the steps don't work.
The steps include a debug that might help us help you
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming