ULX

Author Topic: ulx access  (Read 7493 times)

Offline Taithrah

ulx access
« on: February 26, 2009, 01:57:29 AM »
Ok, this was a fresh install of the latest server files. Also i am aware and of "Having trouble with access?"

When entering the server i am welcomed with "superadmin" but why am I still having and issue? For example, "ulx menu"
will work while commands like "ulx adminmenu" and "ulx debuginfo" will respond with "You do not have access to this command, Taithrah."
well as a "[LC ULX ERROR] Received invalid sound" error

Offline Zaitzev

Re: ulx access
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 09:56:18 AM »
Have you made sure you have added your own Steam ID to the garrysmod\settings\users.txt ? That should suffice.

Offline Taithrah

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 10:54:05 AM »
Yes i have, I am pretty confident that the user.txt is correct. This is not my first time with a dedicated server, I just have not used it in a long time and using a new pc. Also why would it go about saying "Hey 'taithrah' - You're in the 'superadmin' group on this server." when I enter the server

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 03:15:43 PM »
Taithrah, not sure about the menus, but the debuginfo must be run from server console, not game console.
If you don't have direct access to the server console, you can use rcon.

Are you using our SVN or are you using ULib/ULX released from our downloads area?

Also, invalid sound? Unless my mates have placed frills into ULX I'm not aware of (always possible), ULX by default plays no sound on joining. Have you added any ULib or ULX addons?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 03:19:35 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Taithrah

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 03:32:39 PM »
That actually would have made more sense for me to mention. Yeah shoot me :P it is SNV I forgot i even did that thinking it would fix me issue. So i really have no clue whats wrong with the access. The sound is not really a concern to me but least you know of it now lol. Yeah I don't know why I didn't enter that into the serverconsole, as for rcon I am aware, still nothing.

As i mentioned this is SNV shall I revert to stable and continuing to find the issue? Just with less bugs I presume.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 06:59:11 PM »
SVN is actually less buggy right now. Garry's last few updates have broken several features that ULX uses.
If you've run ulx debuginfo from the server console/rcon, then look on your dedicated server \data\ulx folder, should be a debugdump.txt file there.
Attach it to your next post.

Somehow, someway, ULX isn't seeing you as superadmin.
The announcement you see when you join the server is Gmod seeing you as superadmin.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Taithrah

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 08:39:23 PM »
Alright here it is. Just a a question but would connecting to the dedicated server via the same machine have any effect at all with the user/groups?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 02:21:32 PM »
via the same machine have any effect at all with the user/groups?
Not usually. Most of my personal dev work is done in this way. I run a ded server, then a game client.

Also, Please run ulx debuginfo again while you are connected to the server and post it.

Offline Taithrah

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 03:53:22 PM »
Sorry I have not been here for a while, have been and still am upset, my best friend who happens to be a cat got killed a few days ago... anyway, here is the file again, don't notice anything too different besides the guest group.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 05:43:10 PM »
Our condolences.

Do you have a file named users.txt in <gmod root>\data\ULib of the server?
If so, anything in it?

From first glance, every thing except for "ULib.ucl.users (#=0):" looks good.
I know a manual way to fix that, BUT, you shouldn't have to do it and for right now I'm not going to mention it until I find out more about your users from the ULib directory.

Offline Taithrah

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 09:22:37 AM »
Thanks. "ULib.ucl.users (#=0):" i presume the 0 means it does not recognize or its not there?
If so would make sense as it is not there, I thought that just the settings/user.txt was sufficient. Is it something else?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 10:37:57 AM »
settings/users.txt is sufficient, BUT, I believe the ucl.users should still exist because of settings/users.txt.
I've forgotten since its been so long since I've used /settings/users.txt and blanked out my dev ulib/users.txt whether it gets created or not, even blank, on first server startup.
Give me a few hours, I'll check it by end of my day today.

Megiddo or someone else may happen along and confirm it quicker.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 05:01:53 PM by JamminR »

Offline Taithrah

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 02:06:24 PM »
No problem, not a rush take your time :P I was not aware of this ucl.users file, so I did a folder search and no were to be found.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 05:02:31 PM »
Thats not the name of the actual file, it's the name of a table that gets created from the file gmod/data/ULib/users.txt

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 05:43:47 PM »
Ok. I just tested and confirmed I _was wrong_ about creation of \data\ULib\users.txt
It doesn't get created until you use "ulx adduser".
You shouldn't need to use adduser unless you plan changing ulx command rights (settings/users.txt only stores groups and users, not invidual rights to ulx commands)

From what I can see, you have things setup right.
If you only use gmod/settings/users.txt, no /data/ULib/users.txt gets created.
That SHOULD work fine though.

But, look at my .authed section.

Code: [Select]
ULib.ucl.authed (#=1):
Player [1][[ULX]JamminR]:
type = guest
groups:
1 = user
2 = superadmin
id =
account = [ULX]JamminR
acl:
allow:
deny:
uniqueid = 4168400042

Garrysmod default file (#=1):
superadmin:
jamminr = STEAM_0:1:6016299
admin:

ULib sees me as groups superadmin and user (everyone gets seen as user, no biggie, as long as that superadmin gets seen too)
Your ULib isn't seeing you as superadmin, only GMod is. I have no idea why or how to fix that at this time.

Megiddo, Jay, any pointers?