Author Topic: Ulx wont keep my admin status  (Read 11708 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Ulx wont keep my admin status
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 11:42:36 AM »
I've not spoken with Megiddo directly, but my understanding is this, from http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,3944.msg14075.html#msg14075 , if you follow the Gmod wiki instructions for adding admins to a server, (editing gmod/settings/users.txt which we point to repeatedly here in the forums and our ULX_readme.txt ), this will override anything you've tried to add custom using ULX adduser.

Check your gmod/settings/users.txt
If you're there, ULX will set you as the lowest group there.
That file is not a ULX file. It's Gmod.

That's my understanding of what Megiddo said. I've not looked at our code in some time, and could be wrong.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline igiz

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 02:14:12 PM »
K,I got it working.Tas was right when you set ULib.UCL_LOAD_DEFAULT to false it does work and your admin status is saved It was my bad that I didn't get to work in the first time as I had put a . before false by accident but now it's all working fine.

Offline freefry

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 08:24:32 PM »
I can confirm, this fixed it, now my users.txt file is not spammed with all users that connects, and neither does it repeatedly re-add users with special chars in their name.
Thanks for this. :)

Offline PowerHouse

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 02:53:38 PM »
That indeed fixed it! problem solved.... Now for the menu....

Offline Newskin01

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 03:49:50 PM »
This fixes it if you edit the one in shared.  Any user who joins downloads the lua that you edited.  When I did it I still have problems so I just deleted everything and started fresh edited that lua and it worked.  Good luck.