Author Topic: ... Ranks?!  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Uberleet302

... Ranks?!
« on: June 06, 2009, 11:18:17 PM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? how do i make ranks? I can't figure it out... i know several servers who use it, but i can NEVER figure out how to make my own ranks... I want to be able to create a rank called NOOB, and give it no commands, then a name like... TEACHER and give it !god and !vote... and so on so forth, but i have no idea how to... I would also like it if someone would help me with the color of everybody IN THAT RANK'S name... all i know about it is that it has to do with User Groups... cant seem to find out how to change that either... Thank u!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 11:25:11 PM by Uberleet302 »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: ... Ranks?!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 07:42:23 AM »
For starters, let me go ahead and set up some definitive terminology.
You can then call it what you want after you understand. Many confuse the two below, and then expect to call either a rank.
  • "Groups" = What Gmod uses (and therefore ULX) to control what access is given to who.
    Gmod by default has 3 access levels, they are, superadmin, admin and user.
    ULX, by default, has an additional group with very little access, great for 'newbs', called operator.
  • "Teams" - This has nothing (by default) to do with groups. You can have multiple team names who share the same, or totally different, group access

Read the console command "ulx usermanagementhelp" (must have server console or superadmin access from a game console)
This has the commands you'll need to create custom groups, add players to it, and access changes of those groups.
You can also, perhaps easier for at least making the groups, follow Garry's Mod default user setting file. The link for how to is on the GMod wiki, and is mentioned several times here, in our readme, and multiple other Gmod sites.

See our Releases section of the forum for
  • UTeam - allows you to associate team names/colors with access groups.
  • sui_scoreboard - severa different versions of the scoreboard have been released on our forums - this allows the team colors to show along with it's team name
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Uberleet302

Re: ... Ranks?!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 08:58:28 AM »
 :o  ;D ;D ;D ;D THANK YOU... thank u for replying :) This has been so helpful... THANK UUU!