ULX

Author Topic: Utime not writing to DB  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Lead4u

Utime not writing to DB
« on: June 13, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »
Just what the title says, I setup my server, installed Utime to addons, 777'd the DB file and still no luck getting it to save data, opening the DB file reveals no data saved under the Utime table either, what am I  messing up =/... ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Utime not writing to DB
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 06:57:38 PM »
Another recently said same. He never responded to Megiddo's questions, so we really never went further.
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,3039.msg14300.html#msg14300
I see you in part answer some without possibly knowing the question. :)

Do you actually SEE a UTime table in the file, just not any data in it?
Garry has made many changes to GMod since UTime was released. It's possible he changed SQLite functions, or the file access permissions of it.
The file you're changing permissions on... is it sv.db, and in the servers gmod root?
777... *Nix chmod style... so, running srcds on Wine?
I'm not familiar enough with wine... do *nix file permissions convert to Wine/Windows?

Most importantly...errors in server console related to UTime when server starts up, and players join?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 06:59:42 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Lead4u

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 07:17:19 AM »
Yes, the table is getting created however no data is getting written to it, and yes its sv.db :D, paid dedicated, so i'm not hosting it, fairly certain its a windows platform, got a few console errors once I think while someone left, but I'm pretty sure I've been on a server recently with it working correctly.

Offline Lead4u

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 07:23:59 AM »
Just went in to check for errors don't really see any on join, however when I joined the Utime client had the server uptime as both Session and Total Time played.

EDIT: I kinda feel dumb now, I could've sworn I read that this was standalone somewhere, anywho on a hunch I added Ulib and everything started working, sorry for the wasted time =/.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 07:47:26 AM by Lead4u »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 11:49:33 AM »
No worries.
To be perfectly honest, while writing my reply to you, I almost asked if you had ULib installed.
I went back to the original release post here to verify whether or not ULIb was mentioned, and also did a quick scan of it's readme file.
No mention of it being required.

After seeing your post about it working now with ULib installed, I did a quick search of some of the code.
It uses ULib.tsay to say "welcome back" and some other messages.
I could see that causing failure overall if that one function failed.

Perhaps Megiddo can throw in a quick update to either 1) say ULib is required in the release post or 2) add a quick ULib check, if no ULib, make a ULib.tsay function within the code.
We've done it on other releases to allow them not require ULib.

However, we are partial to it, and even when we've not required ULib at first; many times we find out during a feature enhancement we'd rather use ULib to do something we've already written than re-write (a) new function(s).
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Lead4u

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 12:22:00 PM »
Yeah, I noticed the same thing, only problem with Ulib is it messes with permissions, had to hack it up alittle.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 04:57:33 PM »
What did ULib do to your permissions? We try very hard for ULib to have no impact :)
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.