ULX

Author Topic: question setting up ulib immunity and groupallow  (Read 2485 times)

Offline pump1er

question setting up ulib immunity and groupallow
« on: June 14, 2009, 02:36:07 PM »
if u have group superadmin admin and peon how do i set the immunity so that peons can be immune to peons but admins can still affect them, and how to i set the peons, so that they can only use the command i allow for them on themselfs. ???
Thanks for help.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: question setting up ulib immunity and groupallow
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »
ulx addgroup peon <group_it_should_inherit_if_other_than_user>
ulx adduser <user> peon 1
ulx groupallow peon "ulx <command1>"
ulx groupallow peon "ulx <command2>"

Command1 and command2 and .... are commands that aren't already inherited through the group you specified through heritance, if you specified one.
If you don't specify a group to inherit in addgroup, general "User" is used.
Any person joining your server by default is user.

See "ulx usermanagementhelp" for the list of commands and thier input.
I believe immunity is explained pretty well there.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 02:44:44 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline pump1er

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 02:56:33 PM »
i appretiate the quick response but the info u gave me i already have set up, and i did not see the awnser to my immunity question in the usermanagement help.  . i have these groups set superadmin admin and peon.my question is if i set immunity to peon then admin, cannot do commands on them such as god or ragdoll, i want to set it so that peons cant effect peons , and admins and CAN without without the admins overcome immunity effecting superadmin .  and my other question is . my peons are allowed to use ulx god. how do i set it so that if a i have a peon with name of fred, that fred can only use the command god on himself and not others includeing users with no group, which i belive is called "user"

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 03:16:08 PM »
There may not be a way then for peons to be immune, and still allow for admins to overcome them without adding "overcomeimmunity" to the admin group, which then would of course allow admins to affect superadmins which you don't want.
Immunity wasn't written to be as diverse as the access you're trying to give 'peons', but really only meant to deal with superadmin and admin access mostly.

ULX by default has no way to allow peons as a group to only use commands on themselves individually.
If you give a peon "ulx god" or "ulx ragdoll" access, they can do anyone that doesn't have immunity.

However, with that being said, you may find MrPresident's release "Selfcommands for ULX" handy. See our release section for other items. Remember, there's more than one page of additional content that can be used with ULib and/or ULX

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline pump1er

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 03:57:49 PM »
thankyou, the selfcommands president created shuld allow me to set up my group allows flawlessly,

ty for the great costomer service.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 06:39:23 PM »
You're welcome.