Author Topic: sup, just some random talking bucuase im bord  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Dv2236

• MyGamingVoid
sup, just some random talking bucuase im bord
« on: June 29, 2009, 10:11:53 AM »
I wanted to know if you guys are going to be recode/rebuild ulx maybe with some drop down menus even :) that would make it look more clean and easyer to find some stuff.

I just got done testing on GManager, i seem to have the problem of groups/privileges, when i change them and hit apply they dont seem to take effect.. all but that it looks kinda nice i just dont like how slow the menu is to open but the effect looks nice.

I have to say i find it hard for people to top ulx, like almost every feature that might make another admin mod ok, u can find a side addon for ulx to add it! it could be just me but 1 of the things i loved the most about ulx is how easy it was to add a new user/group and rights to him how simple and easy it was to read example

like something for newadmin
Admin|Kick:Admin Chat:Admin Noclip:Arm:Blind:Bring:EnterVehicle:ExitVehicle:Explode:Extinguish:Freeze:Ghost:God:Goto:Ignite:Info:Jail:Limited Ammo:List Commands:Maps:MassSlap:Me:Mute:Private Message:Ragdoll:Send:Slap:Slay:Spawn:Spectate:Strip:Teleport:Time:UnBlind:UnFreeze:UnGhost:UnGod:UnJail:UnMute:UnRagdoll:UnSpectate:Unlimited Ammo:Whisper:Weapons allowed:Entities allowed:Admin group:Open menu:Admin icon:Player pickup:Noclip always:AFK:UnAFK:SetArmor:VoiceMute:UnVoiceMute:No AntiSpam
Respected|Whisper:Time:Spectate:UnSpectate:Private Message:Me:Info:Teleport:List Commands:Maps:Weapons allowed:Entities allowed:Respected icon:AFK:UnAFK:No AntiSpam
for each higher rank it repeats all them and alittle more, i also find it hard to read this way :S

and something from ulx
"admin"   
{
   "allow"   
   {
      "ulx tsay"
      "ulx csay"
      "ulx gimp"
      "ulx mute"
      "ulx ungimp" (not hole list but u get the point, ya kinda a long srcoll down but i find it easyer on the eyes, both got goods and bads :)
   }
   "deny"   
   {
   }
   "inherit_from"   
   {
      "user"
   }
}
i like the idea of the inherit_from so i dont have to repeat myself and have a even bigger list, now that i think about it why do u even need "deny" this is to say what the group is allowed right? the only thing i can think of is if the group inherit a command u dont want them to have?! but u should have made that group 1 lower instead if u ask me :)

assmod :) menu looks kinda nice i think the code style is like newadmin when it comes to groups at lest, i find it funny that when u jail someone they cant even us the Q menu and they get striped so they cant even try to spawn new guns, im kinda said newadmin or ulx did not recreate this, and GManager does not even have jail system.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 04:14:21 PM by Megiddo »