ULX

Author Topic: Auto-restart servers ?  (Read 4927 times)

Offline JasonBD (HoN)

Auto-restart servers ?
« on: November 02, 2009, 06:33:42 PM »
I know there is a post some where here about this but i cant find it any where.

so main thing is my server crashed and it didnt auto restart how do i get it to auto restart ?

Offline [WCA]AIDS

• PlanetWCA Forums
Re: Auto-restart servers ?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 07:26:35 PM »
Are you running srcds on a dedicated server? or do you have the server installed through a client like TCAdmin?

If you are running srcds on a dedi then you will need to install/make use of an external program to handle the restarts.

Below is a chunk of a post I made a while ago. GameMon is a highly customizable server restart program for both windows and linux.
GameMon (You will also need Qstat installed). I use GameMon on my TF2 server and it works quite well.

Offline JasonBD (HoN)

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 09:07:01 PM »
Umm i have no idea what you just said sorry not too high in info on servers ???.

I rented a server, to play Gmod with a custom map i made and it crashed (not from the map, but from too many props) and i had to go into the server Control Panel (that CP that the server host have for the server)to stop and start the server to get it going again. There is a way to get it to auto restart i know that but what i dont know is how to set it all up.

Question is: On a rented server for garrys mod, How do i get it to auto restart when it crash's?

Thanks

Offline [WCA]AIDS

• PlanetWCA Forums
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 10:39:03 PM »
If you are renting the server from a company then you will need to speak with them to get an auto-restarter installed.
Unless the CP is TCAdmin, in which case TCAdmin will already restart a failed server.

Offline JasonBD (HoN)

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »
ok thanks for the help  :)