ULX

Author Topic: How to disable ulib/ulx banning?  (Read 3573 times)

Offline gamerlv

• VP of GAmers4Life
    • The awsome gamers4life clan site
How to disable ulib/ulx banning?
« on: November 05, 2009, 08:48:34 AM »
Like the titles says. Is it possible to disable ulib banning or at least the option to select this by e.g !ban as say command.
I am use sourcebans now as banning system and have used a lua script from this forum to integrate the 2 but the say command is !sban and i want it to be !ban.

Now is it possible to disable/rename the !ban say command and menu option? If yes how?
I'm using ulx and ulib revision 30.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion you on this matter you have.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: How to disable ulib/ulx banning?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 09:47:54 AM »
Search the ulx lua files for "!ban" and remove that line.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 03:08:50 PM »
Also, if you use SourceBans to track bans and still may wish occasionally to have ULX ban from just one server, instead of deleting the line that has !ban in it...simply change the !ban to !uban (ULX ban) or something like that.

Also, you stated you got the Sourcebans file from here...mind pointing me to which post/file worked?
I tried releasing 2 I think, and never got the results if it worked or not.
(Or, was it Megiddo's release? - think he released some after I did)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 07:24:09 PM »
I've never done anything with sourcebans as far as I can remember.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline gamerlv

• VP of GAmers4Life
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 11:12:05 AM »
Also, if you use SourceBans to track bans and still may wish occasionally to have ULX ban from just one server, instead of deleting the line that has !ban in it...simply change the !ban to !uban (ULX ban) or something like that.

Also, you stated you got the Sourcebans file from here...mind pointing me to which post/file worked?
I tried releasing 2 I think, and never got the results if it worked or not.
(Or, was it Megiddo's release? - think he released some after I did)
This is the one i use.
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,4038.0.html

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 06:44:05 PM »
Ah sheesh. Thanks gamerly, I'd totally forgotten ninjadude had made a release of stuff both Megiddo and I had bounced around several times.
I'll make a mental note of that and try to post updated code for it using our new command system that's currently in use for SVN.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline gamerlv

• VP of GAmers4Life
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 01:52:40 AM »
Ah sheesh. Thanks gamerly, I'd totally forgotten ninjadude had made a release of stuff both Megiddo and I had bounced around several times.
I'll make a mental note of that and try to post updated code for it using our new command system that's currently in use for SVN.
Thank you for doing/attempting that. When the svn becomes more stable and xgui is included i'm intending to update both the servers i manage.  Then i would of course need a new script for this, ( didn't even think of that yet).

[offtopic] ps. some forum admin might want to update the search index or something, searching sourcebans, bans, or source doesn't come up with the thread i linked to earlier. [/offtopic]

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 11:49:45 AM »
[offtopic] ps. some forum admin might want to update the search index or something, searching sourcebans, bans, or source doesn't come up with the thread i linked to earlier. [/offtopic]

SMF forums doesn't make it apparent... the quick search field on every page is contextual.
If you're in the "General Chat & Help and Support" area of the forum for instance, any word you type will only search under that forum area. Same if you were inside an actual post, it will only search that post.
You can always go to advanced, or just click the 'home' button and search from there.