Author Topic: Ban Menu and Spectate problems  (Read 2787 times)

Offline WhiteZero

Ban Menu and Spectate problems
« on: November 05, 2009, 12:53:53 PM »
Hello.
I'm a newly appointed admin on the server |CFS|Jeremiahs House of Pwn, 205.234.159.99:27016
I've been exploring the ULX commands on my own listen server and now on this dedicated server.
From what I can tell it's running ULX 3.40, and we're also running DarkRP.

The problem with the Ban Menu is that it crashes any client that tries to open it. There is a message that prints in console about 5 times that says: Warning: Unhandled usermessage ' '

The problem with spectate is that you press Move Forward to get out of spectate, which gives you all your weapons/tools back, but your still stuck in the spectate view.

Any ideas?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Ban Menu and Spectate problems
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 03:18:51 PM »
RE Ban crash - make sure the bans.txt file on your server in <gmod>/data/ulib/bans.txt isn't corrupted with lots of slashes "//" in one name/entry, or that it isn't more than a few Kb in size (most grow to 64mb in size when corrupt)
3.4 has known bug when banning players with slashes in name.
Quick fix is to rename bans.txt ... this will remove all temporary bans and ban reasons for all bans, but your permanently banned players will still remain banned (again, just won't have reason or who did them)

Re: Spectate - Think I've seen that reported before. No recollection of what caused it other than I believe a conflict.
[UPDATE] - It's DarkRP. According to
Quote from: our SVN changelog
v3.50 - *(00/00/00)*
   * [FIX] Fixed "ulx unspectate" not working in DarkRP (Thanks Ayran).

Now, whether or not this is actually a DarkRP bug we worked around, or a ULX bug, I don't know.
Either way, DarkRP is the root.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming