ULX

Author Topic: !squash "Wayne Brady"  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Wayne Brady

!squash "Wayne Brady"
« on: November 08, 2009, 06:36:08 PM »
I just thought of this idea when I was looking at the ulx explode thread.

What if we had a plugin where you could type "!squash player" and then a dumpster (or some other prop) would appear above them, freeze the player (so they can't run), fall on them, remove the ragdoll and spray some gibs out of the bottom, then remove the dumpster?

Personally, I think it'd be awesome.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: !squash "Wayne Brady"
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 07:34:28 PM »
Sounds neat.. but poses too many problems. What if there is something (world or prop) between the spawned prop and the player? It would be hacky at best. Maybe someone will make something like this for fun someday though, might be cool. =)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 09:07:33 PM »
I was just thinking to myself "MrPres would LOVE this project... could be done with a bit of modification of his explode code and combine some of ULX's freeze into it", then I realized you were the next one to answer.

I actually like the idea too.

As for the 'hacky' ness of it... yes, it could be a challenge.
You could have some safety checking, but much would still rely on the admin running the command.
I imagine playertakedamage could be used in a temporary hook, perhaps along with IsDamageType to determine if whatever damage happened to the player while function was running was actually a dumpster (or whatever else - dumpster would be a good size, not too big, not too small)

Perhaps 'crush' would be a better command name?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:09:17 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Wayne Brady

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 04:17:34 AM »
Yeah, I like crush.

Maybe it could be made so the dumpster nocollides with all, but then when the dumpster would normally hit the player, you kill the player, wait like .5 seconds, then add the gibs and remove the ragdoll.