ULX

Author Topic: UClip question  (Read 10693 times)

Offline jargon113

UClip question
« on: November 23, 2009, 01:25:29 PM »
I saw an update for gmod today and it included:

Switching into noclip mode is now predicted

does this have anything to do with Uclip and could it be fixed with this update?

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: UClip question
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 02:20:50 PM »
It's possible that he actually got around to fixing noclipping (finally). You tell us, does Uclip work again? If it does, he fixed it. If not, it's still broken.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Jay

• Awesome
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 02:54:36 PM »
i dont know what it means by "Predicted".  does that mean if you look up in the air you will start flying? :Z

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 04:04:22 PM »
i dont know what it means by "Predicted".  does that mean if you look up in the air you will start flying? :Z

It means he made the client and server properly sync up on the noclip movement. Which may or may not mean he fixed the original problems he introduced. Not having prediction is just a relatively minor annoyance.

Offline NaRyan

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 05:00:08 PM »
I just tried Uclip (on a listen server)
Using my other steam account I was not able to noclip through the world (got stuck a few times trying to, but moving about a bit unstuck me)
However with props it was a bit hit and miss, sometimes I could no-clip right through them, sometimes I would get stuck halfway, and sometimes I would stop as soon as I hit the prop.

Guess whatever was broken is "kind of unbroken", so either some kind person needs to have a look at Uclip or we need to wait another 6 months for Garry to fix GMOD....

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »
I just tried Uclip (on a listen server)
Using my other steam account I was not able to noclip through the world (got stuck a few times trying to, but moving about a bit unstuck me)
However with props it was a bit hit and miss, sometimes I could no-clip right through them, sometimes I would get stuck halfway, and sometimes I would stop as soon as I hit the prop.

Guess whatever was broken is "kind of unbroken", so either some kind person needs to have a look at Uclip or we need to wait another 6 months for Garry to fix GMOD....

Interesting. It sounds like he probably fixed the set functions, but the get functions are still broken. I can work with that. I'll add a workaround to my todo list. :D

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 12:19:54 PM »
Nope, he didn't fix the function I need (SetVelocity). Tinkering with the code and recent math classes gave me an idea on another workaround that won't bring the CPU to it's knees though. I'll see if I can't work on that over Thanksgiving break.

Offline jargon113

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 08:01:14 AM »
Megiddo, that would be awesome. I have been without UClip for too long! I miss it!

Offline Tommo1590

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 12:34:37 PM »
So is uclip totaly brocken?

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 12:54:41 PM »
So is uclip totaly brocken?

It's been broken ever since garry removed the functionality of several functions Uclip depended upon, yes.

Offline Tommo1590

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 10:38:25 AM »
! really need a anti noclip ... any suggestions??

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 11:18:52 AM »
<censor>! really need a anti noclip ... any suggestions??

There's currently nothing that I know of. I wasn't able to work on Uclip over the weekend due to mono. Maybe Christmas break, assuming I don't lose the ability to breathe or something...

Offline [WCA]AIDS

• PlanetWCA Forums
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 11:29:14 AM »
I wasn't able to work on Uclip over the weekend due to mono. Maybe Christmas break, assuming I don't lose the ability to breathe or something...

Don't die bro, I would be sad.

Offline NaRyan

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 09:28:41 AM »
There's currently nothing that I know of. I wasn't able to work on Uclip over the weekend due to mono. Maybe Christmas break, assuming I don't lose the ability to breathe or something...

This is the best we have
It does not protect all your props/the world.
It just crates a sphere that if someone trys to noclip through, it forces them out of no-clip.

Handy if you want to keep other players out of a small room/fort, while you have peace to do what you need to do.
I do have it on my server but hardly use it, as thanks to a Wire addon I now have an E2 chip that teleports players/props/npc..ect if they come within 1000 units of it, usually have it set to teleport them 1000 units away (depening on where I am on map that is changed to be either x,y or z)
Or on the map I usually use constuct_flatgrass_v5-2 I have it set to teleport them to location 0,0,100 (since that is above ground)

Offline Tommo1590

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 05:36:22 AM »
File has been deleted :(