ULX

Author Topic: ULX Server Owner rank  (Read 28517 times)

Offline Arkitekt

ULX Server Owner rank
« on: March 17, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »
Hi I was just wondering if you guys could quickly give me a console command to create a ULX "server owner" rank. The reason is that I own the server, so I need to be more powerful than my super admins, who administrate my admins.

"server owner" just needs to be more powerful than super admins, admins, clients, etc., with the ability to pick up, kick, ban, slay, etc. super admins and admins who have immunity.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: ULX Server Owner rank
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 04:46:41 PM »
In Gmod, superadmin is the HIGHEST rank... with ULX, your superadmins have root access to your gmod source server...they could do anything they wanted to the running server.
But, to answer your question, see the "ulx help" from console, specifically, ulx addgroup and ulx groupallow
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 06:09:40 AM »
Your best bet is to do what I did back in the day and just create a group lower than admin but give it access to admin abilities.

Superadmin -> Server Owner
Admin -> Administrators
Moderator -> Admins lower than administrators.

or w/e.

Offline superkyol

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 09:30:04 AM »
The easiest way to do this is in-game:

ulx addgroup "owner" "superadmin"

This will make a new group called owner, that inherits the rights from superadmin. From there you can add stuff like overcoming immunity, change command access in admin and superadmin to "!%owner" (so it does not target you), etc.

Hope this helps! :)

Offline SuperMcAwesome

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 07:12:36 PM »
Yea but when I did that the owner group can't set door groups or use the TAB commands

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 10:02:45 PM »
Most scripts have no idea of a group called "owner".
They look for "superadmin" or "admin"
Though we try to write code so as to allow inheritance, many scripts will have no idea you have a group HIGHER than superadmin.
Garry/Gmod designed "superadmin" to be the highest.
DarkRP seems to be the root cause of many evils in trying to make a non-standard groupname higher than superadmin that many other scripts don't understand.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming