Author Topic: Any idea how to disable server startup errors?  (Read 2509 times)

Offline sweetone

Any idea how to disable server startup errors?
« on: January 18, 2011, 06:55:50 PM »
Any idea how to disable server startup errors?

As startup error i mean errors like this " please install resource distribution addon ".

Or disable lines where loading addons.

...and one more guestion, anyone having problem with srcds dedicated auto restarting .bat file? Sometimes when server crashes there appears a mini screen that wants me to click "close windows" and after that server restarts.

Thank you. :)

Yeah i know this is a bit off topic its not about ulx but anyway... disabling these errors etc could be nice feature for ulx
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 06:58:24 PM by sweetone »

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Any idea how to disable server startup errors?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 06:46:47 AM »
They aren't so much errors as debug/console messages printed by the other addons themselves. To disable them, you'd have to edit them out of the other addons.

I don't really see a non-hacky way that ULX could do this.

Offline sweetone

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 07:29:33 AM »
Okay thanks. :) anyone can help me with the restart thing? Server just crashed but the window didnt close and server didnt restart but i'm having server watchdog from garry's mod wiki.

Offline hymsan

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 05:58:10 AM »
Okay thanks. :) anyone can help me with the restart thing? Server just crashed but the window didnt close and server didnt restart but i'm having server watchdog from garry's mod wiki.

Try adding "-autorestart" to your command line, no quotes.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 02:29:43 PM »
Hymsan, the script your using won't detect when Gmod 'locks', or an error pops up related to the server that expects a 'click' of a button.
The only way the script works is if the window closes on its own.
There was an application (free) that you could train to look for specified windows and click 'whatever button' was needed to have Gmod shut down.
I don't remember it's name. If Gmod server actually pops up an error message, that would probably help you. Use google to look for it.
Another Windows application, which I remember as actually causing lag on some friends servers, would actually monitor the port that your game server runs on and, if it couldn't connect every few minutes, would shut it down and restart it.
That was 2-3 years ago, you might find it and it not be laggy anymore.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming