Author Topic: Since last gmod update have you noticed...  (Read 3168 times)

Offline krooks

• I don't like video games.
    • Diamond Krooks
Since last gmod update have you noticed...
« on: March 05, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »
Problems with:
kick not kicking?
XGUI's ban list not updating right away?
jail can be escaped by dieing inside and spawning outside (weps can also be used in jail)
spectate doesn't work

I'm not claiming these are bugs, I'm asking if any other ULX users are seeing these issues as well?
My TTT server. Join the fun!

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Since last gmod update have you noticed...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 11:47:07 AM »
Not seeing any such behavior on my server
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 07:50:33 PM »
on my server

Wait... wut?
Is this a full time server I'm not aware of?
Or just a local machine testing our projects server?

Also, Krooks, welcome to addon pain.
Most times when jail has broken due to an actual 'Gmod' update around here, it wasn't ULX, but some other addon (Ulysses once, but usually not).
Do the typical run with Ulysses mods only. If still broke, remove all but ULib/ULX only.
Look for startup errors in server console that weren't there before on startup and when jail/kick/whatever are run.
Let us know what you find... we're used to having to change stuff due to updates.
There was a 'commands break over time' problem that I never see get resolved, but seemed to fix itself, but I've not seen that in a looooong time.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 08:08:55 PM »
What Megiddo meant to say was on MY server. :P

I've talked to Krooks on steam, and when his server has a free moment I'm going to go take a quick look and see for myself. He says he's running sandbox, so I can only assume some kind of conflicting addon.
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline krooks

• Diamond Krooks
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 10:16:37 AM »
Did some messing around, no difference, will be doing some real testing when I have more time (tonight hopefully), will remove _all_ addons, will play the addon game. lol

Like stickly said, he will jump in and give it a look, and stickly, I have something to test in your server later.

gtg!!  :o

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 10:17:21 AM »
Oooh JamminR, I guess you haven't seen a nifty little feature we added to jail a few weeks back. I got tired of people complaining about third-party mods being able to let someone break the jail (and also there's a bit of an admin exploit with the jail requiring two admins and good timing), so a user is now rejailed if they somehow wander to far away from the jail point. I'm not stopping them from breaking the jail, they just won't be able to move past the original jail boundaries. :)

Anyways, that doesn't really have anything to do with this thread...
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Pantho

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 03:48:36 PM »
Oooh JamminR, I guess you haven't seen a nifty little feature we added to jail a few weeks back. I got tired of people complaining about third-party mods being able to let someone break the jail (and also there's a bit of an admin exploit with the jail requiring two admins and good timing), so a user is now rejailed if they somehow wander to far away from the jail point. I'm not stopping them from breaking the jail, they just won't be able to move past the original jail boundaries. :)

Anyways, that doesn't really have anything to do with this thread...

Sounds funky ;). There are a few ways to get people out of jail. Fading door, tazer sweps, unfreeze jail props with lua etc etc etc.

Anyway, back to the OP. I've had no reports on my servers, I am using an old copy of ULX however.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 06:31:07 PM »
Alright, just took a look at krooks server and apparently this whole thing was caused by a bad entry in the data/ULib/bans.txt file. We fixed his file, and everything appears to be working great! Megiddo is adding a check to prevent this in the future, too. Let us know if you have any other issues!
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline krooks

• Diamond Krooks
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 09:19:54 PM »
^^ what stickly said, thanks again for dropping in (bearing with my router) and figuring it all out, cured more issues than I even had listed.